nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Problem with focus with D3200

mantz

GR
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mantz Registered since 10th Apr 2013
Wed 10-Apr-13 11:07 PM

Hello! I am new member who recently bought a D3200.

I am experiencing some issues with autofocus on my camera. In aperture priority mode when I select a focus point in the single point focus (AF-A or AF-S mode) I can't focus properly or sometimes can't focus at all ( as indicated by not having the green sphere in the viewfinder). When I switch to guide mode (advanced mode) and choose a single focus point, the camera focuses perfectly. Do you think that is a problem of my settings or is something different altogether? I am using the standard 18-55 mm lens that comes bundled with the camera. Thanks in advance for the replies. If there is a thread where this issue is addressed already please point me to it, since a fast search of the forum didn't yield any threads associated with this issue. Thanks again!

PS: I forgot to mention that am new to DSLR photography and most possibly the issue in question is something that I miss, but please bear with me.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Problem with focus with D3200

G