Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7960
View in linear mode

Subject: "D5200 video concerns" Previous topic | Next topic
franknc1 Registered since 05th Apr 2013Fri 05-Apr-13 04:24 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D5200 video concerns"

US

Hello All,

I am looking at selling my d40x and getting the d5200. I have seen great reviews for this model and one thing I read caught my attention. I currently use a Canon Hf20 HD camcorder which uses AVCHD files for video. The review said that the d5200 uses mov files. I am currently using the Pinnacle Studio 12 which can edit the AVCHD files without losing the HD quality and without doing any kind of conversions. I am curious to know what software they are using to download and save or make DVDs with and is anyone having issues with the mov files and losing video quality when editing. My plan is to have the d5200 as my 2 in 1 camera when I go on vacations etc. I just do not want to have a extra work just to save video ad not lose HD quality. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Frank

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSat 27-Apr-13 04:01 PM
3087 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D5200 video concerns"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 27-Apr-13 04:04 PM by RRRoger

Monterey Bay, US

I use CyberLink PowerDirector 11 to produce DVDs and Blue Ray disc for TV viewing.
It is very fast and easy to use.
There is not much of a drop from MOV file to BlueRay,
but noticeable for the burnt DVDs.

Go to Nikon Digital Video for more info:
http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=402

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7960 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.