nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7930
View in linear mode

Subject: "D3100 slow to take picture" Previous topic | Next topic
omniscientmoon Registered since 28th Mar 2013Thu 28-Mar-13 11:58 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D3100 slow to take picture"

US

Hi. I don't know if I set something incorrectly, but even in auto, my camera clicks, takes 2-3 seconds then clicks again and by then the picture is blurry. What could cause this? Please help. I just got it and it worked fine last weekend.

Thank you.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D3100 slow to take picture
jec6613 Silver Member
29th Mar 2013
omniscientmoon
29th Mar 2013
omniscientmoon
29th Mar 2013
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
29th Mar 2013
omniscientmoon
29th Mar 2013

jec6613 Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2013Fri 29-Mar-13 01:08 AM
726 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D3100 slow to take picture"
In response to Reply # 0

Norwalk, US

There's a delayed exposure mode you likely have set. I believe it's in the menus, but have you tried moving the drive mode lever on the camera to see how it reacts?

omniscientmoon Registered since 28th Mar 2013Fri 29-Mar-13 01:25 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D3100 slow to take picture"
In response to Reply # 1

US

I'm new new new to DSLR. What is the drive mode lever? I searched it in the manual but couldn't find it. I can't find "delayed exposure" in the manual either. I got the camera on Ebay, barely used. I downloaded the manual from the Nikon site.

omniscientmoon Registered since 28th Mar 2013Fri 29-Mar-13 01:43 AM
#3. "RE: D3100 slow to take picture"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I think I found it. There was one called "de-noise" in the troubleshooting section. It's still a little slow, but it didn't blur. I purposely moved it too after the first click during the pause, and the picture was clear. Thanks for you help. If there are any other possibilities, I'll gladly read and learn. =)

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 29-Mar-13 01:54 AM
27003 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D3100 slow to take picture"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Christine,

Welcome to Nikonians!

What Release mode is the camera in?

What is the ambiant light level when you experience the 2-3 sec. delay?

If the ambiant light level is very low the shutter speed could easily be 2-3 sec. and the root cause of your problem.

Could you download a sample image to your gallery with the Exif data intact. It will help us diagnose the problem.

Best Regards,
Marty

omniscientmoon Registered since 28th Mar 2013Fri 29-Mar-13 02:23 AM
#5. "RE: D3100 slow to take picture"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Thank you for the welcome and response. I am unable to upload anything right now due to time and I will be away all weekend. I will gladly do it when I come back. Thanks for your help! I was looking for a quick fix to play over the weekend, but I'll gladly learn more after my trip!! Thanks!!!!!!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7930 Previous topic | Next topic