nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #7733
View in linear mode

Subject: "how to set for video d5100" Previous topic | Next topic
stefanocps   IT  Registered since 20th Feb 2013 Wed 20-Feb-13 07:40 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"how to set for video d5100"
Wed 20-Feb-13 07:41 PM by stefanocps

Hi
i amstefano, from italy
I am a new owner of this machine , bought mostly for video
I am doing practice a lot but still have lot of doubt on how to get the most of the quality, with settings, manual or aperture priority, auto iso ecc...
Often i come out with too much noise even if is not very dark
I use normally manual focus
can anyone give me a good info on the best way to set nikon for video?
thanks a lot

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rhagen   Owings, US  Registered since 19th Oct 2011 Thu 21-Feb-13 05:19 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: how to set for video d5100"
In response to Reply # 0

Here's some useful info that I keep bookmarked: http://digitaladvice.littlehole.net/archives/140

One big pain with the 5100 is that you can be in manual, but it will still change the ISO when shooting video. You have to prevent this by using the AE/AL button to lock down the exposure, as detailed at the above website.

Rick

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

thomg   US  Registered since 20th Aug 2013 Wed 21-Aug-13 09:37 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: how to set for video d5100"
In response to Reply # 1

Here is a nice Nikon D5100 Video tutorial :
http://www.d5100dslr.com/tutorials/video-mode/
hope it helps

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #7733 Previous topic | Next topic