Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7411
View in linear mode

Subject: "WU-1A equivalent for D5100" Previous topic | Next topic
vr_nguyen Registered since 12th Jan 2013Sat 12-Jan-13 05:51 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"WU-1A equivalent for D5100"

CA

I know the WU-1A works on the D5200, do us D5100 users have anything that can upload pics to our smart phone?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TMHahn Registered since 02nd Jan 2013Sat 12-Jan-13 06:45 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: WU-1A equivalent for D5100"
In response to Reply # 0

San Diego, US

I'm fairly certain the Eye-Fi SD cards will work with the D5100. I have not used them personally, but I have read of people on the internet using them successfully. If you look up "Eye-Fi" you will find more information on it. They don't sound like great SD cards, and they're expensive. But it's a possibility.

However, I don't know of anyone using them for the purpose of putting photos on their smartphone. I don't know if my Android shows up on my wireless network, or if I can make it show up. I tried this morning and couldn't get my smartphone to show up on the network despite using the WiFi on it.

Tiffany M. Hahn
San Diego, California, USA

Nikon D5100 | Nikkor 18-55mm VR | Nikkor 55-200mm VR

SmugMug: http://tmhahn.smugmug.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7411 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.