nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #725
View in linear mode

Subject: "D5000 vacation photos" Previous topic | Next topic
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009Tue 06-Oct-09 05:40 AM
2583 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D5000 vacation photos"
Tue 06-Oct-09 05:58 PM by Larry E30

US

Glad I decided to take my D5000 with me on vacation.

Thank you Nikonians for encouraging me ... (ya know - to use dial modes en all).

I'll be also posting shots in the non-nikon section ; Tokina 10-17

Good day to all , Larry Also if you like you can check out "Coolpix" section...added some GREAT shots there.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D5000 vacation photos
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
06th Oct 2009
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
10th Oct 2009
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
14th Oct 2009
14th Oct 2009
KnightPhoto Gold Member
06th Nov 2009
08th Nov 2009

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Tue 06-Oct-09 05:00 PM
26996 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D5000 vacation photos"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Larry,

Very nice images!
If the images were captured with your D3000 body you don't have to post them in "Non-Nikon Section" as they were captured with a Nikon Camera. The camera itself is the governing factor, not the lens.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009Sat 10-Oct-09 06:06 PM
2583 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D5000 vacation photos"
In response to Reply # 1

US

That's right ! ...(thanks !)...I can post my Tokina 10-17 shots here.First two ;

Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009Wed 14-Oct-09 12:21 AM
#3. "RE: D5000 vacation photos"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Celebraton time ! Turns out I used my D5000 about 40% of the time on my vacation.

I see photography/my photography as a celebration of life.Only two more cards left to download from D5000.

More photos, enjoy !, Larry

Oh , I just started a my galery favs , but I dare not put in just anything ... each one I put in there has to earn it's spot.

1st - Me aginst pet. rock.2nd-Best pet. rock.3rd-Pet rock.4th-got my eye on you.

Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009Wed 14-Oct-09 12:30 AM
#4. "RE: D5000 vacation photos"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Sorry, I got cut off.Here's the rest;

Attachment #5, (jpg file)

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Fri 06-Nov-09 02:31 AM
4464 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D5000 vacation photos"
In response to Reply # 4

Alberta, CA

Very nice shots Larry,

My favourite is the 4th shot, the front-on Raven portrait. Very well executed!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009Sun 08-Nov-09 06:20 PM
#6. "RE: D5000 vacation photos"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Thanks Steven.It's nice to get responces !

My vacation photos are done , I finshed all my Grand Circle - S.W. National Parks shows.

On vacation I mainly used th dial settings ... best for me being 'Landscape' on the dial , next best was the 'no flash' mode on the dial(atop the camera).

But I had some trouble with some exposures coming too bright.Luckily I had my AEL set to lock only exposure...that helped me to lock in a darker exposure when needed,(not so easy to do)

But since , I learned something good. Ya know where NL,SD,and VI are?, there is a landscape mode there ! The exposures seem to be pretty good , or almost as good as useing ;'Landscape' mode on the dial.! And you can +/- exposure , or use a smaller apperature for better DOF.!

Learning my camera.This was a nice find for me.So I thought I'd share it.

Good-day to all ! , Larry

Photos are from Canyonlands NP ;

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #725 Previous topic | Next topic