nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Memory card speeds for HD video on D3200

Pacman32

US
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Pacman32 Registered since 13th Nov 2012
Wed 12-Dec-12 05:35 PM

Since I need more memory to handle all of my D3200's megapixels, I'm trying to decide which level of memory card to get. I typically get fast SanDisk cards. I see that you can get the Ultra line, which looks to be very fast -- class 10 / 30mb/s . From my reading, it looks like this should be fine for shooting HD video (which I am assuming is the thing that would require the most speed of anything that I can do with the camera). Have any of you found any reason to want to take the step up to the pro line, with its 95 mb/s?

By the way, I should say that I probably won't be shooting a ton of video, but I'd like to have the capability to do that well.

Also, if you think I should move away from the SanDisk offerings, let me know. They have been a reliable brand for me, but maybe there are some cost savings or better quality to be had.

Thanks!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Memory card speeds for HD video on D3200

G