Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7145
View in linear mode

Subject: "Multi selector..." Previous topic | Next topic
snagline11 Registered since 02nd Dec 2012Mon 03-Dec-12 12:13 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Multi selector..."

US

I there anyone one else that finds that the multi selector gets in the way of your thumb sometimes. My fat thumb seems to wander off that little area on the back of my D5100 and lands on the selector and sometimes changes things. It's not a Large problem but a pain in my a$$. Let me know what you think about this. Peace

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Multi selector...
Rwattersjr
03rd Dec 2012
Lolrogge Silver Member
03rd Dec 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
03rd Dec 2012
Lolrogge Silver Member
04th Dec 2012
srd1941 Silver Member
05th Dec 2012

Rwattersjr Registered since 09th Sep 2012Mon 03-Dec-12 01:57 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Multi selector..."
In response to Reply # 0

US

>I there anyone one else that finds that the multi selector
>gets in the way of your thumb sometimes. My fat thumb seems to
>wander off that little area on the back of my D5100 and lands
>on the selector and sometimes changes things. It's not a Large
>problem but a pain in my a$$. Let me know what you think about
>this. Peace

Yes, it happens to me all the time. Usually, I find my focus point has moved one way or the other.

Lolrogge Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Apr 2012Mon 03-Dec-12 04:27 AM
303 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Multi selector..."
In response to Reply # 0

Ayden, US

I do not have a problem with my thumb hitting it. However, I am left eye dominant and my face sometimes changes focus point. It can be a bother.

Laverne

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 03-Dec-12 04:04 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Multi selector..."
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

You should be able to "lock" the focus.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Lolrogge Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Apr 2012Tue 04-Dec-12 03:55 AM
303 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Multi selector..."
In response to Reply # 3

Ayden, US

My F100 has that option and some other Nikon DSLRs may also. I have not found a way on the D5100.

Laverne

srd1941 Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2012Wed 05-Dec-12 02:48 AM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Multi selector..."
In response to Reply # 4

Waterville, US

Absolutely. I use the AE lock button to focus and I hit the multi-selector almost every time with the D5100. I’m now in the habit of always checking which focus point in lit up. I don’t have this problem with my D60 of D7000.

Stan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7145 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.