nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7117
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help- SOME autofocus points stopped working- D5100" Previous topic | Next topic
ikaros0906 Registered since 27th Nov 2012Tue 27-Nov-12 09:33 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Help- SOME autofocus points stopped working- D5100"

US

This weekend, the four rightmost points for autofocus have stopped working in Single point mode on my D5100 (just over 1yr old). If I try to use them, the lens moves out of focus (I'm guessing all the way in) and then stops trying to focus, but if I then switch to any of the other 7 points, it will work fine. It happens with all of my lenses (Nikkor 50mm, 55-300mm and the kit lens). I think that the problem is limited to just those four points, though toward the end of my trip I thought it might have happened once or twice on the left side as well (possibly getting worse?)

Any suggestions for what to try before sending it off would be great, especially with the holidays coming up!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Digital_Reality Registered since 19th Oct 2012Tue 11-Dec-12 06:22 AM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Help- SOME autofocus points stopped working- D5100"
In response to Reply # 0

Bangalore, IN

If under warranty, visit Nikon service center.

russ49 Registered since 28th Dec 2012Mon 14-Jan-13 07:45 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Help- SOME autofocus points stopped working- D5100"
In response to Reply # 1
Mon 14-Jan-13 07:50 PM by russ49

US

did you get a fix for this? I generally try to use the center point because it is a cross type focal point..the others are not as good. Also, you have to make sure you have enough contrast in the outlying area for the focal points to work. Just my thoughts

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7117 Previous topic | Next topic