Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7113
View in linear mode

Subject: "Remote shutter release for D3100" Previous topic | Next topic
mellowyello Registered since 21st Nov 2012Mon 26-Nov-12 09:58 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Remote shutter release for D3100"

US

There appears to be a number of cheap remote shutter release devices available on amazon, but I'm a little nervous about buying an off-brand Chinese product in hopes that it will do the job. Has anyone had success with these types of devices and their d3100? If so, can you tell me the brand a item number? I just don't want to get taken. Wireless isn't really necessary for me, but I'd love an LCD backlit display with some timer options. Thanks!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Remote shutter release for D3100
gkaiseril Gold Member
27th Nov 2012
Digital_Reality
11th Dec 2012
bellnier Silver Member
11th Dec 2012
MEMcD Moderator
12th Dec 2012
santaclaws80
27th Dec 2012
nnikonk Silver Member
28th Dec 2012

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 27-Nov-12 02:35 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Remote shutter release for D3100"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

There are also many 3rd party releases sold through reputable camera stores and some of these stores have a eBay presence or provide online purchasing.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Digital_Reality Registered since 19th Oct 2012Tue 11-Dec-12 05:21 AM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Remote shutter release for D3100"
In response to Reply # 0

Bangalore, IN

I have 3rd party remote on my D5100, I am completely satisfied using it.

bellnier Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jul 2006Tue 11-Dec-12 10:55 PM
1657 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Remote shutter release for D3100"
In response to Reply # 2

Buffalo, US

I have several 3rd party remotes that are perfectly fine. Buy from a reputable dealer like B & H and enjoy.
Cheers,
Dave

"Stupidity is a gift from God, but one mustn't misuse it" - Pope John Paul II

Http://bellnier-photos.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 12-Dec-12 02:28 AM
25646 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Remote shutter release for D3100"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Josh,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Since the Nikon ML-L3 is only about $19.00 and designned for the D3100 is is a rasonable option.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

santaclaws80 Registered since 23rd Dec 2012Thu 27-Dec-12 11:26 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Remote shutter release for D3100"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Hi there I bought a remote trigger kit from China on EBay for less than £20 and it works perfectly with my D3100. Happy snapping!

nnikonk Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2012Fri 28-Dec-12 12:35 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Remote shutter release for D3100"
In response to Reply # 0

Edinburgh, GB

I have to say that I bought the cheapest one from Ebay and it works fine on my D3200.
The only problem I had, was that being a Nikon newbie, I did not realise that you had to change the camera settings to shoot remote and thought that there was something wrong.
Since there is no electical connection to the camera from the remote there is little chance of damaging the camera with a faulty remote.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7113 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.