Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6939
View in linear mode

Subject: "D3100 Remote Shutter Release" Previous topic | Next topic
rainbowpython03 Registered since 22nd Oct 2012Sun 28-Oct-12 07:31 AM
41 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D3100 Remote Shutter Release"

Beverly Hills, AU

Hi Nikonians,

I called in on my way to do some landscape work to buy the above. I settled on a non- Nikon release as the cable was longer.

Plugged it all up and nothing. It states it IS for the D3100 and has a 2m cable for those times when you need to take a seat and wait.

I would appreciate any help as to what I am doing wrong. The release is Hahnel HRN 280 (for Nikon)it plugs into the accessory terminal.

Is there a setting perhaps (to let the camera know it is connected)

It doesnt seem require batteries.

Thanks folks,

Jim

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rainbowpython03 Registered since 22nd Oct 2012Sun 28-Oct-12 07:55 AM
41 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D3100 Remote Shutter Release"
In response to Reply # 0

Beverly Hills, AU

Ok just learnt to push the plug into the accessory terminal nice and hard. I guess while I had the camera mounted on the tripod wasnt the right time to try a new peace of equipment.

I am sure someone needed to laugh today! Good clicking folks and make sure your plugs in well!

Jim

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 28-Oct-12 08:48 PM
25573 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D3100 Remote Shutter Release"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Hi Jim,

No reason to laugh.
Glad you got it working.
Thanks for the follow up.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6939 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.