Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #688
View in linear mode

Subject: "The Nikon D3000" Previous topic | Next topic
LightstarXIII Registered since 01st Oct 2009Fri 02-Oct-09 01:23 AM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"The Nikon D3000"

US

Nikon D3000 (Novice experience)

I purchased the new Nikon D3000 in early September to replace my Nikon D40X, which I had for about 2 years. I am satisfied with the camera, and you can get very good images from the D3000 (Especially if you use MANUAL controls and understand the science of photography).
I enjoy calibrating the PICTURE CONTROL SYSTEM on the D3000, which is quite different from the D40X/D60s OPTIMIZE IMAGE MENU. You can get the same or next to the same photos with either camera, but the PICTURE CONTROL cranks up Saturation just a bit more than the +ENHANCED feature in the D40X CUSTOM menu.
Noise creeps in more than the D40X, but it's not bad as long as you don't stray too much beyond ISO800.
My only problem is the D3000 isn't customizable when it comes to in camera/software image enhancements. I can't use CAMERA CONTROL PRO to upload a custom tone curve to the D3000, as I could do with the D40X. You can't even load a curve to a memory card (as with more advanced models) and upload it to the camera.
None the less the D3000 is perfect for novices who need to learn the science of photography. I am hoping to get better with time.
(PS. I never use the DIGI VARI Program Modes on any camera, and GUIDE is nice, but I'd rather read books and learn from the internet )...

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asuna Registered since 29th Sep 2009Sun 04-Oct-09 11:00 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: The Nikon D3000"
In response to Reply # 0

JP

I agree with you. I too recently got the D3000 as my first start into DSLR cameras. I have some friends who are professional photographers and they always tell me it isn't the camera that matters, it's the person behind it. So I have really enjoyed the camera and the few pictures I have taken have been really beyond my expectations (albeit they might not be very high

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #688 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.