Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #679
View in linear mode

Subject: "D3000 Raw Update available on adobe.com" Previous topic | Next topic
Asuna Registered since 29th Sep 2009Thu 01-Oct-09 06:52 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D3000 Raw Update available on adobe.com"

JP

Ugh.... After much much searching as to why I couldn't open up the RAW .NEF files with anything I found that there is a recent raw update for adobe products.
Now if I can just figure out what update i need in OSX....

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Thu 01-Oct-09 05:44 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D3000 Raw Update available on adobe.com"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 01-Oct-09 08:47 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Welcome to Nikonians,

What Adobe product are you using to process your NEF files. There are a couple of Adobe products and some use Adobe's ACR plug-in or need a minor version update.

Adobe has released ACR, Adobe Camera RAW, version 5.5 plug-in for Adobe® Creative Suite® 4 or Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 software. If you Adobe product is an older version of any of those products, you can not install this plug-in.

Camera Raw 5.5 update for Macintosh CS4, PS CS4, Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.5 - English, French, German

The above links are for Macintosh and they point to the instructions and downloads. The instructions provide a lot of details about the updates and how to install the plug-in or product. If you have Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements will need to scroll down to the link for instructions on how manually install the plug-in.

You could install Adobe's DNG Converter to convert the NEF files to the DNG format and then use your older Adobe product to open the DNG version of the file.

Adobe DNG Converter 5.5 update

You could also use Nikon ViewNX to open the NEF and then use ViewNX's "File => Open with..." to directly transfer a TIFF image of the NEF with the camera settings applied to the image. You will need to use the most recent Nikon ViewNX.

Links for the Windows users:
Camera Raw 5.5 update for Adobe® Creative Suite® 4 or Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 software
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.5 - English, French, German
Adobe DNG Converter 5.5 update

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Asuna Registered since 29th Sep 2009Thu 01-Oct-09 11:53 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D3000 Raw Update available on adobe.com"
In response to Reply # 1

JP

I was using photoshop cs4, and after installing the update I was able to get it to work with the raws. However, I'm still unable to open the raws in iphoto, or preview, which I guess isn't really a big deal since I'm processing them all to .tif or .png.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 02-Oct-09 01:41 AM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D3000 Raw Update available on adobe.com"
In response to Reply # 2

Chicago, US

iPhoto and preview are MacIntosh products, check for system updates for your computer

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Asuna Registered since 29th Sep 2009Sun 04-Oct-09 10:56 PM
#4. "RE: D3000 Raw Update available on adobe.com"
In response to Reply # 2

JP

Yeah, that's what I had thought. But I am completely up to date. Maybe they haven't released the support yet for snow leopard?

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #679 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.