Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6767
View in linear mode

Subject: "D5100 and ViewNX 2" Previous topic | Next topic
sgtsaunders69 Registered since 24th Sep 2012Mon 24-Sep-12 04:59 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D5100 and ViewNX 2"

US

My D5100 is not being recognized by the View software (latest update) installed on my PC. I've only had it a month or so, and it initially would sync and transfer photos but suddenly won't transfer files and the camera does not show up in the source device window in the update portion of the utility. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this would be helpful.

Thanks!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Mon 24-Sep-12 11:29 AM
26761 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: D5100 and ViewNX 2"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

More than likely there's something wrong in your USB subsystem, so that the software doesn't even know that the camera is there. The first thing I'd do is reboot. The second thing is to look carefully in the system viewer to see if the camera is even in the device tree. If it is, then it's time to go looking at the software. I seriously doubt the problem is in the camera, unless there's something physically wrong with the cable.

And by the way, most of us use USB card readers, rather than plugging the camera itself in.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6767 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.