nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #6728
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wireless remote" Previous topic | Next topic
catken   US  Registered since 14th Sep 2012 Wed 19-Sep-12 10:54 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Wireless remote"

What would be a good wireless remote to buy for my D5000.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas   US  Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007 Thu 20-Sep-12 12:10 AM
27433 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wireless remote"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Ken,

The Nikon ML-L3 IR remote sells for about $16.95 new.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas   Richmond, US  Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004 Thu 20-Sep-12 12:54 AM
26996 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Wireless remote"
In response to Reply # 0

The ML-L3 is a good one if you'll be in front of the camera, and not too far away.

The Hahnel is a good radio remote (the ML-L3 is IR). It isn't directional and mine is fully reliable at well over 100 feet - probably out to about 200 feet. (I use mine for triggering a second camera across an equestrian ring.)

The Phottix RF is popular and not expensive. I've never used it myself, though.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

JrhPHO   US  Registered since 20th Sep 2012 Sat 22-Sep-12 02:01 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Wireless remote"
In response to Reply # 0

I will throw in a vote for the ML-L3 as well, use mine mainly for long time exposures.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #6728 Previous topic | Next topic