nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
TBF

US
24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
TBF Registered since 24th Apr 2012
Fri 10-Aug-12 08:08 PM

This weekend the peak of the Perseid meteor shower will provide a great opportunity to get photos of the night sky with a conjunction of the waning crescent moon, Venus, Jupiter and, with some luck, a meteor trail or two. Here is a link to the event itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=106ne66KAuw

Now if someone with some experience with the photographic perameters as they apply specifically to the capabilities of the 5100 could give us a tip sheet, I would be a happy boy. (I know a manual camera and film would be more suited to the job, but lets go with 5100 for now.)

Wed. night I saw a grand fireball streak across the Eastern sky, trailing sparks, fragments and a filmy green tail: not even holding a camera, though I might have been frozen by the sight even if I had been. Tips anyone? Tom Forker

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Perseid meteor shower photos

G