Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6422
View in linear mode

Subject: "Any ideas please" Previous topic | Next topic
Locton Registered since 14th Jun 2012Fri 27-Jul-12 09:16 AM
47 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Any ideas please"

Farnham, GB

something strange happened today, i was opening RAW images from my D3200 into CS5, normally i would convert them with adobe DNG convertor before i could open them in CS5/C RAW.

i store & import my photos into iPhoto. when i first bought the D3200 i could not open any images directly into camera RAW without converting them with the DNG convertor first, but today for some-unknown reason i have been able to open the images from iPhoto into camera RAW without converting them first.

i have not upgraded Camera RAW as with CS5 you can only go up to version 6.7.0.399, i have not uploaded any new software for the D3200 So everything is exactly the same as a month ago except it all works without any conversion now.

has anyone else experienced this or any ideas?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010Fri 27-Jul-12 12:51 PM
1114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Any ideas please"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 27-Jul-12 12:53 PM by jpFoto

US

Jeremy

Yesterday I had my iMac search for software updates, and one of them was to iPhoto. Perhaps your Mac did an automatic update. I don't use CS5 and don't download my images the way that you do, so that's my only guess.

jP

Locton Registered since 14th Jun 2012Fri 27-Jul-12 04:05 PM
47 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Any ideas please"
In response to Reply # 1

Farnham, GB

Yes i was thinking similar, although i don't believe that i have done any update downloads for i Photo, but have done for the mac.

of course because i was unable to import directly to C RAW/CS5 i have not tried recently, so there may have been an update done anytime over the last six weeks?

pjonesCET Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2011Sat 28-Jul-12 02:04 AM
543 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Any ideas please"
In response to Reply # 2

Martinsville, US

There has been a Fairly recent (not too very recent)update both to OSX (if your using a Mac) and also to Adobe CS5.

Phillip M Jones, CET
pjonescet@comcast.net
http://www.phillipmjones.net/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pjonescet/

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6422 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.