Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6372
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D5000 'Live View'" Previous topic | Next topic
nikonamatter Registered since 12th Jul 2012Thu 12-Jul-12 06:41 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D5000 'Live View'"

US

Okay so after getting my feet wet using the canon cameras (5D and 7D) i decided to buy a little camera of my own just to tinker around with. I settled on the Nikon D5000 for several reasons, none of which were very forward thinking on my part as I didn't foresee myself doing anything serious with the camera other than playing around with angles and framing ideas as I am a budding director and a working video/film editor. After completely falling in love with the camera, and it being glued to my hip, a couple of things stick out.

When in 'Live View' although I am getting an image that I can see well enough ( depending on circumstances of course) it is not truly giving me an image that correlates to the cameras current settings as with the Canon 7D/5D.

Example, if I were standing outside my house at 12 o'clock noon and have the lens wide open and an iso setting of 1600, looking at the screen everything will look fine. However obviously once I snap, my image will be blown out and totally overexposed. Is there a way to adjust the 'Live View" settings so that you are getting a true representation of the image you would capture at the cameras current settings? Or am I asking to much from a consumer level camera?

Question 2 (if I am allowed 2 questions haha)
When in video mode, I can record a clip with my iso set at 200 but the resulting video clip will look the same as when I set my iso to 1600 capturing the same scene?

is there a way to adjust this or is it, once again, just the limitations of a consumer level dslr?

Thank you for any help, tips, pointers or responses.

Shoot on Shooters!!!!!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6372 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.