Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6322
View in linear mode

Subject: "D3200 rangefinder" Previous topic | Next topic
John Bertotti Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2012Mon 02-Jul-12 07:53 PM
740 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D3200 rangefinder"
Mon 02-Jul-12 10:15 PM by John Bertotti

Garretson, US

I see this in the menu but don't know what it may or may not do for me if I turn it on. To me a rangefinder measures the distance to an object so if it is off how does it focus? A bit confused here. Thanks! Bertotti

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D3200 rangefinder
aolander Silver Member
02nd Jul 2012
John Bertotti Gold Member
02nd Jul 2012
Vishu7
26th Sep 2012
Leonard62 Gold Member
26th Sep 2012
Vishu7
26th Sep 2012

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Mon 02-Jul-12 08:03 PM
3301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D3200 rangefinder"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

The rangefinder function tells you how from from "perfect" focus you are and which way you need to turn the focus ring to achieve focus. Apparently, this would be something to use when focusing manually. The camera's AF system will focus with this on or off.

Alan

John Bertotti Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2012Mon 02-Jul-12 10:15 PM
740 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D3200 rangefinder"
In response to Reply # 1

Garretson, US

I gotcha that makes more sense! Thanks!

Vishu7 Registered since 26th Sep 2012Wed 26-Sep-12 12:12 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D3200 rangefinder"
In response to Reply # 2

IN

D3200 rangefinder , I'm unable to understand(get it working), Can anybody help? please. Problem: In M mode I've set RF to ON in menu but can't see the change in viewfinder.

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Wed 26-Sep-12 12:34 AM
3201 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D3200 rangefinder"
In response to Reply # 3

Hatboro, Pa, US

In M mode the rangefinder display is replaced by the meter display. Go into A mode and then manually focus your lens. The rangefinder is at the bottom center of the viewfinder.

Len

Vishu7 Registered since 26th Sep 2012Wed 26-Sep-12 02:48 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D3200 rangefinder"
In response to Reply # 4

IN

>In M mode the rangefinder display is replaced by the meter
>display. Go into A mode and then manually focus your lens. The
>rangefinder is at the bottom center of the viewfinder.
>
>Len
>
>

Thanks a ton Len
Nice gallery too

Thank you,
Vishal.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6322 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.