Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6308
View in linear mode

Subject: "Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses" Previous topic | Next topic
DannyGordon Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jun 2011Sun 01-Jul-12 11:42 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses"


BR
          





Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses
MEMcD Moderator
02nd Jul 2012
1
Reply message RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses
DannyGordon Silver Member
02nd Jul 2012
2
     Reply message RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses
BillS52 Silver Member
04th Jul 2012
3
          Reply message RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses
DannyGordon Silver Member
04th Jul 2012
4
               Reply message RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses
BillS52 Silver Member
04th Jul 2012
5
                    Reply message RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses
DannyGordon Silver Member
04th Jul 2012
6
                    Reply message RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses
DannyGordon Silver Member
04th Jul 2012
7
                         Reply message RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses
BillS52 Silver Member
04th Jul 2012
8
                              Reply message RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses
DannyGordon Silver Member
05th Jul 2012
9

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 02-Jul-12 04:58 AM
26443 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses"
In response to Reply # 0


US
          

Hi Daniel,

Very nice images.
Thanks for sharing.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

    
DannyGordon Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jun 2011Mon 02-Jul-12 01:58 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses"
In response to Reply # 1


BR
          

Thanks Marty!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

        
BillS52 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2011Wed 04-Jul-12 03:31 AM
187 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses"
In response to Reply # 2


US
          

Danny - what Sigma Lenses are you using?
I have a 17-70 which I love and I may try another.
I was curious what you use and like.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

            
DannyGordon Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jun 2011Wed 04-Jul-12 04:35 AM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses"
In response to Reply # 3


BR
          

Hi there!

I have 3 Sigmas:

- 70-200 2.8 OS HSM (http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/apo-70-200mm-f28-ex-dg-os-hsm-sigma).
Like it a lot! Great lens and cheaper than Canon and Nikkor counterpart.
And I can upgrade for an FX body and keep it.

- 17-50 2.8 OS HSM (http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/17-50mm-f28-ex-dc-os-hsm-sigma).
Also like it a lot. Pretty sharp and 2.8 all the way. Nice zoom range. Similar to a 24-70 full frame lens.

- 10-20 3.5 HSM (http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/10-20mm-f35-ex-dc-hsm-sigma).
Wanted a super wide for my D5100's DX sensor and was in doubt between this and the Tokina 11-16 2.8. (well, there's also the Nikkor 10-24 and I probably should have bought it) The Tokina is well known for being really good and pretty sharp. It is said to be better than this Sigma. And it is 2.8. But does not have a built-in motor so it wouldn't auto-focus on my body. I think Tokina announced a new model with a motor but there's nothing on the shelves yet.
This one I don't like too much. I don't know. At least my copy doesn't produce sharp images. Well, it can if I use the sweet spot of 8 or 11 f/stop (above 5.6 is already better) but the overall sense I have is that the image quality is poor.

The first 2 are really good.

>Danny - what Sigma Lenses are you using?
>I have a 17-70 which I love and I may try another.
>I was curious what you use and like.
>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

                
BillS52 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2011Wed 04-Jul-12 01:30 PM
187 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses"
In response to Reply # 4


US
          

>Hi there!
>
>I have 3 Sigmas:
>
>- 70-200 2.8 OS HSM
>(http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/apo-70-200mm-f28-ex-dg-os-hsm-sigma).
>
>Like it a lot! Great lens and cheaper than Canon and Nikkor
>counterpart.
>And I can upgrade for an FX body and keep it.
>

Judging by your work I can see a D800 in your future.

>- 17-50 2.8 OS HSM
>(http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/17-50mm-f28-ex-dc-os-hsm-sigma).
>Also like it a lot. Pretty sharp and 2.8 all the way. Nice
>zoom range. Similar to a 24-70 full frame lens.
>

This is the lens I may try. I think I'll rent it first...my 17-70 is not OS, I bought before the OS came out, but it's sharp.


>- 10-20 3.5 HSM
>(http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/10-20mm-f35-ex-dc-hsm-sigma#.
>Wanted a super wide for my D5100's DX sensor and was in doubt
>between this and the Tokina 11-16 2.8. #well, there's also the
>Nikkor 10-24 and I probably should have bought it# The Tokina
>is well known for being really good and pretty sharp. It is
>said to be better than this Sigma. And it is 2.8. But does not
>have a built-in motor so it wouldn't auto-focus on my body. I
>think Tokina announced a new model with a motor but there's
>nothing on the shelves yet.
>This one I don't like too much. I don't know. At least my copy
>doesn't produce sharp images. Well, it can if I use the sweet
>spot of 8 or 11 f/stop #above 5.6 is already better) but the
>overall sense I have is that the image quality is poor.
>
>The first 2 are really good.
>
>>Danny - what Sigma Lenses are you using?
>>I have a 17-70 which I love and I may try another.
>>I was curious what you use and like.
>>
>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

                    
DannyGordon Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jun 2011Wed 04-Jul-12 01:48 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses"
In response to Reply # 5


BR
          

hahaha.. you're absolutely right! Already planning to get the D800.

>
>Judging by your work I can see a D800 in your future.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

                    
DannyGordon Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jun 2011Wed 04-Jul-12 02:10 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses"
In response to Reply # 5


BR
          

You'll be happy with it for sure.


>>- 17-50 2.8 OS HSM
>>
>
>This is the lens I may try. I think I'll rent it first...my
>17-70 is not OS, I bought before the OS came out, but it's
>sharp.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

                        
BillS52 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2011Wed 04-Jul-12 09:17 PM
187 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses"
In response to Reply # 7
Wed 04-Jul-12 09:20 PM by BillS52

US
          

I took this with my Sigma 17-70mm on my D7000.... My youngest son.
Gotta love this lens for the price.
I posted a larger copy in my gallery. if you double click it you can see how sharp this lens is. I did sharpen slightly in ACR, but not much.




Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

                            
DannyGordon Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jun 2011Thu 05-Jul-12 02:21 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Some recent ones with my D5100 and Sigma lenses"
In response to Reply # 8


BR
          

Pretty sharp.
Good photo!

>I took this with my Sigma 17-70mm on my D7000.... My youngest
>son.
>Gotta love this lens for the price.
>I posted a larger copy in my gallery. if you double click it
>you can see how sharp this lens is. I did sharpen slightly in
>ACR, but not much.
>
>
>
>
>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6308 Previous topic | Next topic


Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.