Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #5983
View in linear mode

Subject: "The D3200 macro kit" Previous topic | Next topic
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Thu 24-May-12 02:12 PM
2710 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"The D3200 macro kit"

US

I've had the D3200 for all of 4 days now. I'm impressed. It's a great little camera that comes with the very capable 18-55mm kit lens. This is not just a perfect camera for beginners, it's a very sophisticated camera tool for photographers at all levels. As I've been taking photos with the kit lens as well as some very expensive glass I noticed one thing, the kit 18-55mm lens focuses very close and into the macro range, almost. But it'll do for flowers and the such without having to invest in an expensive macro lens.

Here's a photo I just took with the kit lens set to 55mm. This is the full frame as it came out of the camera except for sizing.

And here is my setup. I used the Sigma EM-140DG ringlight. No special settings on the flash or the camera. The flash is TTL.

I've had this flash for about 7 years now. Sigma still makes it but it's a little pricey, $379 at B&H. Since it's been out for awhile I expect you can get one used at a reasonable price.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 24-May-12 03:30 PM
25017 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: The D3200 macro kit"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Len,

Congratulations on your new D3200.
Thanks for the review and images.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

drmanubmengi Registered since 14th May 2012Sun 27-May-12 07:34 AM
132 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: The D3200 macro kit"
In response to Reply # 0

IN

Congrats.

I'm waiting for D3200 to be made available in India. Your post has made me lean more towards it

Dr. Manu Mengi
Loves Photography

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #5983 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.