nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
TomCurious

Bay Area, US
2351 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
TomCurious Registered since 03rd Jan 2007
Sat 05-Sep-09 03:18 PM

I had posted here last month that I wasn't too impressed with the D5000, in terms of being an upgrade over the D40. Well my wife got one anyway. Of course she does not listen to me

We took it along on our trip down highway 1 earlier this week, and results are actually very nice. As with any camera, it took a little time and effort to adjust it to get the best use out of it. We have really come to enjoy the many new features, i.e. the automatic correction for CA does help. Exposure appears to be more reliable than with the D40. Also, after some practice, videos from the D5000 are very nice, too, and this was one of the things that sold my wife on this camera. Only trouble is, she is now eying a D90 which would have the same features and video but improved controls. Oh well, we will see how long the D5000 will live in our family

Anyway, here are some examples from our trip.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Tom
Bay Area Nikonian

http://www.tkphoto.me/

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D5000 on vacation cvirgilio
10th Sep 2009
Reply message RE: D5000 on vacation TomCurious
10th Sep 2009
Reply message RE: D5000 on vacation Ramesses
27th Sep 2009
Reply message RE: D5000 on vacation Floridian Silver Member
27th Sep 2009
28th Sep 2009
          Reply message RE: D5000 on vacation briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
29th Sep 2009
29th Sep 2009

G