Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #5362
View in linear mode

Subject: "Thank you all" Previous topic | Next topic
fires1 Registered since 04th Oct 2011Sat 11-Feb-12 07:52 PM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Thank you all"

pinellas park, US

Maybe the wrong Forum, but had to share in my happiness. I purchased my 5100 back in Oct and got back into photography now that I am retired. So with a lot of reading, and practicing and learning, and help here at Nikonians I entered 3 photos in the Florida State Fair. I honestly did not think I would win anything BUT to my surprise I did.
So what you all have taught me:
The person taking the pictures ability for composition, exposure, focus etc, out weighs the expense of the equipment you use. Practice, practice, and practice.
Post production is a must for that final touch.
I thank you all and wish to share my award with all of you. You can go to the critique section and see how the beginning shot became the ribbon shot. Again THANKS, this is the first time in my life I ever won anything. Terrible pic of me, but.............

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Thank you all
MEMcD Moderator
11th Feb 2012
pjonesCET Gold Member
13th Feb 2012
thecatmac
18th Feb 2012
fires1
18th Feb 2012
pjonesCET Gold Member
19th Feb 2012

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 11-Feb-12 09:03 PM
24986 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Thank you all"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Wayne,

Congratulations!
Very well done.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

pjonesCET Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2011Mon 13-Feb-12 01:50 AM
490 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Thank you all"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 14-Feb-12 05:07 PM by pjonesCET

Martinsville, US

Congrats on the awards. As for your pic, unless you picked the lighting for affect. I would not have used the florescent lights. I tend to like natural looking pictures. The greenish yellow tint make you look sickly.

The pictures with the ribbons I like the second one with the flower with the jet black background.

Phillip M Jones, CET
pjonescet@comcast.net
http://www.phillipmjones.net/

thecatmac Registered since 26th Nov 2011Sat 18-Feb-12 12:48 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Thank you all"
In response to Reply # 2

Southeast Michigan, US

Congrats on your Win!

fires1 Registered since 04th Oct 2011Sat 18-Feb-12 03:26 PM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Thank you all"
In response to Reply # 2

pinellas park, US

>Congrats on the awards. As for your pic, unless you picked
>the lighting for affect. I would not have used the florescent
>lights. I tend to like natural looking pictures. The greenish
>yellow tint make you look sickly.
>
>The pictures with the ribbons I like the second one with the
>flower with the jet black background.

The picture is of me pointing to my picture, which won third place.
This picture was a "snapshot" of the moment and not meant to have any artistic quality at all. Obviously I do look "sickly' with the lighting, but it was not the time or place to educate the wife on photography !! LOL

pjonesCET Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2011Sun 19-Feb-12 09:11 PM
490 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: Thank you all"
In response to Reply # 4

Martinsville, US

Not unless you want some of those pictures, applied over top your head.

Put your camera on a Tripod and use a remote control and set to compensate for the florescent lighting or use Flash. If you want a better looking picture.

Anyway I like you Pictures.

A few weeks ago I uploaded some pictures of My cat taken with a D3000 in Aperture mode with the 18-55 mm DX lens. Cats are hard to pictures of but for some reason, she was in a posing mode that day.

If I had waited two days I could have purchased the 3100. Was no indication from anyone it was hitting the Market. (Oh, well my normal luck.)

Phillip M Jones, CET
pjonescet@comcast.net
http://www.phillipmjones.net/

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #5362 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.