Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #5324
View in linear mode

Subject: "D3100 stock issues" Previous topic | Next topic
wavey davey Registered since 30th Oct 2011Wed 01-Feb-12 08:43 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D3100 stock issues"

GB

I am looking to upgrade my D40 to a new D3100, but am having a little difficulty in finding stock in the UK.

I am being told that this is due to the flooding in Thailand, and that stock is very low in the UK.

Does this ring true - anyone else having difficulty in finding stock?

Should I just ride this out and wait, or go for an alternative. If so, what?

Thanks.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D3100 stock issues
gkaiseril Gold Member
01st Feb 2012
wavey davey
01st Feb 2012
Jamie M
02nd Feb 2012
wavey davey
02nd Feb 2012
bwgreen
02nd Feb 2012

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Wed 01-Feb-12 09:48 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D3100 stock issues"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 01-Feb-12 09:55 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Look at the news at the Nikon site. The floods last fall in Thailand caused a very large amount of damage to a a large area of Thailand.
Nikon expects normal manufacturing levels to be restored at the end of March 2012.

Notice on the damage from the flood in Thailand
2nd Notice on the damage from the flood in Thailand
3rd Notice on the damage from the flood in Thailand
4th Notice on the damage from the flood in Thailand
5th Notice on the damage from the flood in Thailand

Then there are the natural disasters that befell Japan.

You might want to review the Nikon corporate news at the global Nikon site.

Even Canon reported the devastation on their finances for 2011.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

wavey davey Registered since 30th Oct 2011Wed 01-Feb-12 10:20 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D3100 stock issues"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Thanks George.

Figured that what I was told made sense, and should have done a bit more searching, but I knew that I would get a sensible answer on here!

Jamie M Registered since 16th Dec 2011Thu 02-Feb-12 08:13 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D3100 stock issues"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Hi,

I know this may be a swear word but Comet have got some at some of their stores, where in the uk are you. This is true about the flooding and has caused a bit of a problem with stock. I got mine back in december before the xmas rush. I am in Glasgow and know of a couple of stores that have them....im happy to help if I can

Jamie

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

wavey davey Registered since 30th Oct 2011Thu 02-Feb-12 02:13 PM
#4. "RE: D3100 stock issues"
In response to Reply # 3

GB

Cheers Jamie, I will bear it in mind!

I am in Bedford, but will try the local Comet stores, see if I have any luck.

Jessops and Digital Depot both out of stock...

bwgreen Registered since 16th Nov 2011Thu 02-Feb-12 05:05 PM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. " RE: D3100 stock issues"
In response to Reply # 0

Ottawa, CA

When I got mine (back in November) here in Canada, the sales person told me that the Nikon rep had said that the stocks for everything that come from Thailand would be impacted due to the flooding, and to expect things out of stock. They even ran their Christmas sales in November so they had product - now all the sales are on Canon gear.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #5324 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.