Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #5102
View in linear mode

Subject: "Time stamps" Previous topic | Next topic
andres0101 Registered since 28th Nov 2010Mon 09-Jan-12 03:36 PM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Time stamps"

Bridgeport, US

Hello, I'm trying to see if there is a way in my d5000 that when I upload a picture to my pc that the time and date of when the pictures where taken could be seen??? Can anyone help me please?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Time stamps
Leonard62 Gold Member
09th Jan 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
09th Jan 2012
bclaff Silver Member
09th Jan 2012
JosephK Silver Member
10th Jan 2012
andres0101
20th Jan 2012

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Mon 09-Jan-12 05:12 PM
3034 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Time stamps"
In response to Reply # 0

Hatboro, Pa, US

If you view the photo with the software that came with your camera, View NX, there is a box you can open marked camera settings that has the date and the time the photo was created. If you have View NX2 there is a column marked metadata that shows the date and time the photo was created.

What software do you use to view your photos and what computer do you use, Mac or Windows?

Len

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 09-Jan-12 06:26 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Time stamps"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

If you are using the Windows Operating System, in Windows Explorer you can right mouse click on the image, select the "Properties" option. In the 'Properties" pop-up window, select the "Summary" tab and click on the "Advance >>" button.

Most picture viewer programs and editing programs let you see the 'Properties' of the image. And the "Date Taken" is one of the standardized fields within the EXIF meta data.

There are even specialize programs that display more of the EXIF data.

You may need to use the "Help" menu bar option or the "F1" key to open the Help file for your program and within that file you should be able to search for "Meta" or "Date" and find more information.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

bclaff Silver Member Awarded for multiple contributions for the Resources Nikonian since 26th Oct 2004Mon 09-Jan-12 07:12 PM
9681 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Time stamps"
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver (WA USA not Canada), US

Andres,

Many people have their files automatically renamed when they transfer them to their PC.
I use a simple program called 'DMove' which is on my site (URL in signature).
I get filenames like 20120108_12081532_D5000.jpg
There are many many other options. I'm sure others will add replies with their favorites.

Bill

Visit me at My site

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Tue 10-Jan-12 07:58 AM
4359 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Time stamps"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

Your PC, so I am assuming Windows. Which version?

If you are using Win7, File Explorer has multiple date fields that can be seen in the "details" view. Created, modified, "Date Taken", etc.

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II, 50mm f/1.4 D,
17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

andres0101 Registered since 28th Nov 2010Fri 20-Jan-12 10:40 PM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Time stamps"
In response to Reply # 4

Bridgeport, US

thank you all

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #5102 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.