nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Using Old Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 Macro Lens With M2 Ring

SandPatch

US
14 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
SandPatch Registered since 08th Jan 2012
Sun 08-Jan-12 12:31 AM | edited Sun 08-Jan-12 12:32 AM by SandPatch

I recently purchased my very first digital camera -- a D5100. I've been having a great deal of fun with it and I've sadly shelved my N2020 which has served me with perfect performance for 25 years. When Kodak stopped production of Kodachrome, I began to think about making the step to digital photography and here I am.

So, to the point. One of my favorite old lenses is a Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 Maco with M2 Ring. It was converted to AI and mounts on my D5100 fine, but of course without any automatic features. I've had good success working with it in the D5100, but I am uncertain if I can also mount it with the M2 Ring.

Can I mount this lens with the M2 Ring attached? I haven't found documentation that is clear enough for me to trust. I don't want to do something stupid and ruin my lovely new D5100.

Thanks in advance for help y'all.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Using Old Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 Macro Lens With M2 Ring Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
08th Jan 2012
Reply message RE: Using Old Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 Macro Lens With M2 Ring SandPatch
08th Jan 2012
13th Jan 2012
     Reply message RE: Using Old Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 Macro Lens With M2 Ring Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
13th Jan 2012
04th Mar 2012

G