nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Focusing on objects behind main subject

dgrover1122

Alexandria, US
125 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dgrover1122 Registered since 03rd Dec 2010
Fri 23-Dec-11 12:56 PM

I saw the post by 'cruch' and was hoping to dummy this down for myself so I can improve my photographic skills. I absolutely love my Nikon, but want to know what I am doing wrong so I can improve. I recently visited NYC and had great opportunities for some interesting photographs. My daughter accompanied me so she was the main subject (that was my intent at least) in many of my photographs. However,upon downloading and reviewing, she would be slightly out of focus while the backgraound would be in focus. I know it is something I am doing wrong because many times when I set focus the matrix will flash around but not on the main subject. As I said, I am not and will not be an expert in photography, but would like suggestions on what I can do to resolve this problem. It occurs with both my kit lenses. Just a note, i'VE BEEN TRYING TO DOWNLOAD EXAMPLES, BUT IT WON;T LET ME SO i APOLOGIZE.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Focusing on objects behind main subject

G