nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D5100 Shutter Release Obstacle

slothead

Frederick, US
1639 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
slothead Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009
Wed 09-Nov-11 06:04 PM

I cannot for the life of me figure out why there are times when my D5100 can't release the shutter. It doesn't work anywhere like my D300S or my D700 (although a little like my D5000, but not quite as finicky). I have tried all the auto focus modes (AF-A, AF-S, AF-C) and it will not reliably release the shutter unless I have an edge in the composition and have recently focused it (I have assigned the AE-L/AF-L button to command the focus and disassociated the shutter release button from the AF function - and of course this is a standard method of use for the D300S and D700).

This has recently caused me grief when trying to capture a blank wall to test my sensor cleaning process/result. I have to resort to setting it to manual focus to take any picture of "nothing."

Can anyone tell my why it is doing this?

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, D750, and a handful of lenses.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D5100 Shutter Release Obstacle

G