nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Buying things compatible with D3100

Michi665

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Michi665 Registered since 03rd Nov 2011
Thu 03-Nov-11 12:26 AM

I am semi new to the DSLR world. I am on my second photography class. So I only know a few things about cameras. I brought D3100 a while ago and since I didn’t know all what to look at it looked like the best option. I am now coming across the second accessory that I wanted for the camera it seems somethings aren’t compatible with the 3100 while they are compatible with all other Nikon cameras. And I was wondering if anyone knows why this is?
I understand the compatibly issues with my first which was a second lens. A camera store explained that I need G lenses due to the auto focus motor being installed in the lens and not the body.
The second accessory I came across was wireless remote controls. This was something I was just browsing for potential Christmas list items. But all the wireless remotes seem to be compatible with every camera but the 3100. Does anyone know why? And I am I going to run into this probably with everything I want to buy like flashes?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Buying things compatible with D3100