Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4566
View in linear mode

Subject: "D5100 shutter release error" Previous topic | Next topic
Nubee44 Registered since 21st Aug 2011Mon 31-Oct-11 02:07 AM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D5100 shutter release error"

Palm Coast, US

Have had my D5100 for two months,. When I depress the shutter button now, I get a Message “Error. Press shutter release button again.” The normal “k-chunk” sound is replaced by a short “click-click” . What can this be?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D5100 shutter release error -
Nubee44
08th Nov 2011
Nubee44
18th Nov 2011
Nubee44
26th Dec 2011
Nubee44
04th Jan 2012
Nubee44
08th Jan 2012
MEMcD Moderator
09th Jan 2012
suzyk Silver Member
09th Jan 2012
Nubee44
09th Jan 2012
Nubee44
12th Jan 2012
Nubee44
22nd Jan 2012
MEMcD Moderator
23rd Jan 2012
suzyk Silver Member
23rd Jan 2012
xpkranger
07th Feb 2012
MEMcD Moderator
07th Feb 2012

Nubee44 Registered since 21st Aug 2011Tue 08-Nov-11 07:40 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 0

Palm Coast, US

Nikon advised me to send the camera in for repair. It was repaired under warranty.

Nubee44 Registered since 21st Aug 2011Fri 18-Nov-11 03:43 AM
#2. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 1

Palm Coast, US

Correction: it was received by Nikon on November 9
and is waiting for parts.

Nubee44 Registered since 21st Aug 2011Mon 26-Dec-11 09:24 PM
#3. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 2

Palm Coast, US

The D5100 has been on parts hold for warranty repairs since November 9. I see from press reports that their factory in Thailand was destroyed by flooding and will not be in full production until the end of March. Nikon has not responded to any of my queries, other than the usual “Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 24 hours.” I bought a Sony Alpha 55 to take on an upcoming cruise. When I get the D5100 this spring, I’ll compare the two then keep the one I like better.

Nubee44 Registered since 21st Aug 2011Wed 04-Jan-12 03:00 PM
#4. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 3

Palm Coast, US

Talked to Jose at Nikon Support today (January 3) and he said they were getting parts in this week and they would email me the status of my repair.

Nubee44 Registered since 21st Aug 2011Sun 08-Jan-12 03:19 PM
#5. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 4

Palm Coast, US

No response from Jose yet. Jan 8.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 09-Jan-12 04:47 AM
25945 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear what you have been going through.
When it rains it pours!
Hopefully the parts will arrive and Nikon Service will get your camera up and running again.
Thanks for keeping us informed.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

suzyk Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Dec 2011Mon 09-Jan-12 01:32 PM
1563 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 5

near Hobart, AU

Steve,

In a case like yours, you would think that you could be offered a replacement. I know about the floods but you shouldn't have to buy another camera IMHO.

Hope you get the D5100 back soon.

Cheers,
Suzy K

Nubee44 Registered since 21st Aug 2011Mon 09-Jan-12 01:59 PM
#8. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 7

Palm Coast, US

That thought occurred to me. I noticed a couple weeks ago that both a major photo mail order house and local vendors were out of stock; this week the local vendor has them. I would have accepted a refurb (with warranty).

Thanks for your comment.
Steve

Nubee44 Registered since 21st Aug 2011Thu 12-Jan-12 12:43 AM
#9. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 8

Palm Coast, US

Surprise; UPS delivered my camera today. Repairs made were RPR Reflex mirror, adj autofocus, adj mirror angle, ckd shutter release, cln ccd, firmware upgrade, general check and clean. Have taken a fews pics, seems OK. Will do more testing and post here again.

Steve

Nubee44 Registered since 21st Aug 2011Sun 22-Jan-12 06:23 PM
#10. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 9

Palm Coast, US

Well, it has been a week or so and the D5100 seems to be working OK. Took the A55 back to the store for a refund. This will be my last post here unless something bizarre happens. This is a great forum; everyone seems to be well mannered and helpful.

Steve

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 23-Jan-12 04:06 AM
25945 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 10

US

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear your camera is up and eunning again.
Thanks for the follow up.

Best Regards,
Marty

suzyk Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Dec 2011Mon 23-Jan-12 12:45 PM
1563 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 10

near Hobart, AU

Hey Steve,

Glad to hear your D5100 is back and working okay.

I agree 100% with your assessment of Nikonians.

Cheers,
Suzy K

xpkranger Registered since 07th Feb 2012Tue 07-Feb-12 02:39 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 9

US

Firmware upgrade? There's new firmware out?

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Tue 07-Feb-12 03:08 PM
#14. "RE: D5100 shutter release error -"
In response to Reply # 13

US

Hi Francis,

The latest firmware for the D5100 is version 1.01.
If your camera doesn't have the latest version, you can go to Nikons website and find the firmware and the instructions to install it under Service and Support.

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4566 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.