nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4541
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wireless remote shutter release for D5100" Previous topic | Next topic
chuckster1 Registered since 26th Oct 2011Wed 26-Oct-11 06:04 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Wireless remote shutter release for D5100"

US

chuckster1
Hi I'm new to the forum but I have some camera experience so hello To all! I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good remote wireless shutter release for my D5100. I don't want the one where you have to stand in front of the camera. I'd like to be able to stay at least twenty feet away and be behind the camera. All help appreciated.
Chuck

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 26-Oct-11 08:32 PM
27015 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wireless remote shutter release for D5100"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Chuck,

The D5100 has two IF receivers built into the camera. One on the front and one on the back. That will allow you to trigger the shutter from behind the camera. The Nikon ML-L3 has a range of up to 16 feet or so which is very close to the 20 feet you list.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

chuckster1 Registered since 26th Oct 2011Wed 26-Oct-11 08:55 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Wireless remote shutter release for D5100"
In response to Reply # 1

US

chuckster1
Thanks Marty. I didn't realize there was a infrared receiver in the back. The ML-L3 will work just fine.
Chuck

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 27-Oct-11 04:00 AM
27015 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Wireless remote shutter release for D5100"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi Chuck,

Your welcome.
See item #4 on page 2 of the D5100 Users Manual.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

chuckster1 Registered since 26th Oct 2011Thu 27-Oct-11 12:32 PM
#4. "RE: Wireless remote shutter release for D5100"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Chuck
Hi Marty,
You know I think I read that owners manual at least a dozen times (more or less) and I missed that sensor on the back. Guess old age is messing with my memory. Thanks again.
Chuck

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4541 Previous topic | Next topic