Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4537
View in linear mode

Subject: "D5100 and manual and Emigrant lake;" Previous topic | Next topic
Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Tue 25-Oct-11 05:17 PM
2434 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D5100 and manual and Emigrant lake;"
Tue 25-Oct-11 05:58 PM by Larry E30

US

I'm enjoying my 5100,just started shooting in manual mode recently.

I never knew how to change the apperature...could-of looked in the manual...but I found it!

I like the idea of 'knowing' more of what settings I'm useing per shot.When in 'A' I let too much slide...

This desire started when I spent about $1500.00 on Manual focus lenses,and was further sparked by my friend in my camera club coming over...his camera got stolen - he used to shoot only in manual mode.
He perchased a D5100...
I helped him with alot,but not M mode because I only did M mode with old AIS type lenses...

So I now been exploring manual mode w/ all my lenses,and I just may shoot this way all the time now.
BUT-I reserve 'A','P',and other modes too...like 'landscape'...etc.

Anyway - here's some from my favorite Lake...I know the last 5 are manual mode,I believe the first 2 are manual mode too.

ENJOY!,don't forget to enjoy. / Larry

These shots are from my last 2 very recent outtings...

Edit note ; I may go back to sharpening after downsizing ...because these look very dull and UN-sharp.They LOST their "PUNCH",mainly,sharpness.
These look great on my computer(PC).

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)
Attachment #7, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D5100 and manual and Emigrant lake;
Larry E30 Silver Member
25th Oct 2011
Larry E30 Silver Member
27th Oct 2011
jpFoto
27th Oct 2011
Larry E30 Silver Member
01st Nov 2011
ronaldnd Silver Member
02nd Nov 2011
Larry E30 Silver Member
02nd Nov 2011

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Tue 25-Oct-11 05:48 PM
2434 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D5100 and manual and Emigrant lake;"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 25-Oct-11 05:55 PM by Larry E30

US

That last group looked horrible!. Let's see if these look better.

Added Sharpening to the downsized images,(with absolute minimum on Noise reduction).

Well these are better...I'm still loosing more than I'd like...
next time I post pics,I'll try smaller size;
I useually go 750 on the 'tall,or vertical'side.
think I'll try 650,or 600.

Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)
Attachment #7, (jpg file)

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Thu 27-Oct-11 07:01 PM
#2. "RE: D5100 and manual and Emigrant lake;"
In response to Reply # 1

US

And went to the lake again yesterday,for now I'm shooting manual mode,and liking it.

I'm kinda split between 'M' and 'A',but 'M' is seeming more exact,better to "know" all of what's going on/what I'm doing.

AND,now since I'm in manual mode - I may switch AE-L to AF-L,since I'm SO OFTEN clicking the focus on lens to manual and back(I like to lock in my point of focus...but if I forget to go back to AF,I could and did get tricked-to thinking it focused...when left in MF on lens).

So,for me,when in 'A' I use AE-L
and in 'M' I'll use AE-L

Few from yesterday's shoot ;

Larry

Oh,this is kool ; on the second shot...it's with the Sigma 8-16,but whole bottom half is cropped off(had my shadow and more of the same -dock-.

jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010Thu 27-Oct-11 11:23 PM
1114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D5100 and manual and Emigrant lake;"
In response to Reply # 2
Thu 27-Oct-11 11:27 PM by jpFoto

US

Hi Larry

Are you asking for replies to your posts or are you just posting for the sake of posting?

I had replied to your post in the Non-Nikon Forum that you had posted a few days ago, but you apparently have moved on.

Best of luck to you. I'm done.

jP

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Tue 01-Nov-11 11:40 PM
#4. "RE: D5100 and manual and Emigrant lake;"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed 02-Nov-11 12:06 AM by Larry E30

US

"Sounds good",I'm here to enjoy,and be as possitive as I can be.

I mean no harm,I'm learning to ;not try to reason with (?insanity?);
I may BE

"HAPPY PHOTO INSANITY" - just ask the moderators.Now,should I appallogise for who I am,or just BE ME?;I choose BE ME.

I'm finding a split here ...but it may be with all people ...
1)Happy to be
2)I need a damb reason

I find Photography,(and Nikonian)to be awesome,ever eager to 'show me'...
and if I'm .... 'NOT AVAILABLE'...(I'm too busy chopping people up,or
reason DOMINATES me)...GREAT photography growth slips away,till another day where I(or you)may be ready.

I just learned MF mode and lenses too...can't I celebrate this here?I don't think I did 4 outtings yet in manual mode (w AF lenses).
Why do I have to battle reason/anti?

I think MY posts here have merrit,and YOURS may not!;In essance ;your reply = you were pissed.(Can't I share)?"No,I have to FIT YOUR REASON.<!"

So,I say take out your pissed on someone else...along with YOUR expectations of me.(your DEMANDS,bossiness?)

I'll add you to my list of people I skip over - FOR LACK OF POSSITIVE.

Be done with me.
...Hi,and Best of luck....- with a knife ...! To hurt people in a way you can get away with...!
WHAT IS YOUR POST .? .
"Nice lake shots Larry,glad you're enjoying manual mode and too -MF lenses"...I believe I add to Nikoinian,sometimes even greatly.

I really didn't think your post in Non-Nikon needed a reply,didn't mean to get you (angry).

ronaldnd Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2008Wed 02-Nov-11 12:03 AM
39 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D5100 and manual and Emigrant lake;"
In response to Reply # 4

CA

Hi Larry, you've got some interesting shots there. The first batch were a bit washed out but then the the second posting was nicer. I liked the close up of the Heron (I'm not a bird watcher, I think its a Heron) I've been shooting with Nikon since around 1978 and my shots still look amateurish but hey I'm having fun!

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Wed 02-Nov-11 12:10 AM
#6. "RE: D5100 and manual and Emigrant lake;"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Thanks!,and "yes",that's what matters! ...Having fun,and giving it a shot. / Larry

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4537 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.