Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4464
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wireless Microphone Question." Previous topic | Next topic
rosstcorbett Registered since 21st Sep 2011Mon 03-Oct-11 02:37 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Wireless Microphone Question."

UK

Hi everybody,

I have a Nikon D5100.

I recently watched a video on Youtube where they were filming using a DSLR.

The guy presenting it had a small microphone attached to his collar and at one point he filmed the cameraman who had a kind of microphone wireless box receiver thing attached to the DSLR horseshoe.

I am also looking to do some video and I was wondering if anybody knows where i could find this kind of equipment.

Thank you so much for your time and look forward to your advice.

Ross

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

WildIsle Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010Mon 03-Oct-11 04:19 PM
593 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wireless Microphone Question."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 03-Oct-11 04:30 PM by WildIsle

CA

There's lots of options for wireless mics, here's a couple of models

http://tinyurl.com/66qbo5p
http://tinyurl.com/6ykq2lr

You can plug them into the mic jack on the D5100 but if you're going to this much trouble you may want to add a dedicated audio recorder like the Roland R-05 which I use or a Zoom H4n which has the advantage of 4 track recording.

Get a iPhone/pod app clapper or use software like Plural Eyes to sync the audio with the visuals: http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html

Oh - I should add, this question might draw more responses and replies from others far more qualified, posted in the DSLR forum, in fact the moderators may even move it there as the question concerns DSLR video technique that's not specific to any camera model.

Philip

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

rosstcorbett Registered since 21st Sep 2011Mon 03-Oct-11 04:46 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Wireless Microphone Question."
In response to Reply # 1

UK

Thanks for the advice.

Philip, regarding the Sony ECM HW2, does that automatically record the sound to the camera so that the audio and video are in sync?

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 03-Oct-11 04:42 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Wireless Microphone Question."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 03-Oct-11 04:53 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

If you are going to mike multiple individuals, I would also look at getting a portable mixer. I would also be looking at low impedance balanced lines as they reduce a lot of electrical interference or inductive noise.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4464 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.