nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #445
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90 vs D5000 & Ritz vs Costco" Previous topic | Next topic
tidenumone Registered since 12th Aug 2009Wed 12-Aug-09 11:45 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90 vs D5000 & Ritz vs Costco"

US

Hello,

We have our first child due in November. My wife & I have agreed to get our first DLSR to ensure we have good pictures. We are by no means photo junkies, but want to get good pictures. I love to golf, fish and anything outdoors.

So ~ should I go with the D90 or D5000? I was thinking the $1000 deal on the D5000 with two lenses.

Next ~ Costco & Ritz are the same price. Does it matter where I get it?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

nhorvat2 Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Nov 2006Thu 13-Aug-09 12:22 AM
769 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D90 vs D5000 & Ritz vs Costco"
In response to Reply # 0

Highland, US

I don't have any of the cameras you want to buy, but if you choose D5000, try B&H (everybody in here will tell you it is much better than the 2 stores you mentioned) D500 at B&H, $1,099 and $100 mail-in rebate.

Good luck.

thosmm Registered since 12th May 2009Thu 13-Aug-09 05:30 PM
77 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D90 vs D5000 & Ritz vs Costco"
In response to Reply # 1
Thu 13-Aug-09 05:31 PM by thosmm

Spring Hill, US

Jonathan,

If you're wanting to make good pictures without having to mess with your images on your computer a lot, the D5000 would be a better choice IMO. The D90 is larger and slightly heavier which makes it less handy for baby pictures where you never know when you'll need the camera.

As to the Ritz vs. Costco question, it would depend on the staff at the Ritz store. If they are knowledgeable and helpful, I'd go with them. If there isn't any 'value added' by the store, then Costco is great due to their guarantee.

B&H is good, and you might want to check out Berger Brothers, as they are a site supporter.

Congratulations on your baby!

-TM-

Visit My webpage and gallery..

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #445 Previous topic | Next topic