Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4433
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D5100 HD Video problem" Previous topic | Next topic
paradiseisle Registered since 21st Sep 2011Tue 27-Sep-11 06:44 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D5100 HD Video problem"

US

I cannot believe that the only way I can view my video with shooting is through the LCD screen! During any sunlight it is near impossible to keep my subjects in proper focus and alignment. Is there no way to view through the viewfinder when in movie mode? Help...

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

WildIsle Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010Tue 27-Sep-11 07:57 PM
593 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D5100 HD Video problem"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

I've answered your question in part in the Card thread. Get a loupe.

But come on now "I cannot believe that the only way I can view my video with shooting is through the LCD screen!"

Even a basic understanding of the mechanics of an SLR would immediately make it apparent that using the viewfinder in Live View is not a given and to make that feature possible a serious technical challenge for the engineers.

There are DSLRs starting coming out with transparent mirrors and likely this feature will become more common and better in following generations of camera technology but for now I think you could shelf your chagrin and take a good look at SLR design and your expectations.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberWed 28-Sep-11 03:24 AM
3155 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D5100 HD Video problem"
In response to Reply # 1

Monterey Bay, US

I have a CaVision magnifying Loupe that fits the D5100 perfectly
The ID numbers are: MFRC2550 and
the bracket is: RPMD90R

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4433 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.