nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
APhotoNewbie

CA
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
APhotoNewbie Registered since 08th Aug 2011
Mon 08-Aug-11 12:29 PM

Hello all. As my name indicates, I am new to digital photography, so PLEASE take it easy on me.

I recently purchased a D5100 and am very happy with it. I took a 1/2 day workshop on how to make use of it's features, and I learned a ton, though I am still a novice.

Here is something I have run into. Even in "FINE" mode and "LARGE" setting, my files are only 3-7 megs max, with the average being around 4 MB per file. I was under the impression that a 16.2 MP camera should produce files much larger than that. Everyone I talk to says the same thing, if it's set to fine and large the files should be between 8 and 25 megs.

I am using a 32gig class 10 micro SD card (with adapter).

Can anyone help me? Is there any way at all this is the camera? I have even reset the camera to it's defaults, and reset the file type and photo size (fine and large) to no avail. I hope this is sufficient info for someone to help me.

Thanks in advance,

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D5100 file size issue....

G