Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4097
View in linear mode

Subject: "Interval Timer Shooting" Previous topic | Next topic
dukecl Registered since 12th Jul 2011Thu 28-Jul-11 01:33 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Interval Timer Shooting"

CL

Please, Can someone explain me how the trigger intervals, look at the manual and do not understand how to configure the options.

For example: if I want within two hours I take 2 frames every 1 second How Must I set up it?

I've put to test: 5 minutes and 3 pictures and it only takes one pix.

I would appreciate help. Thanks.

Greetings.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Thu 28-Jul-11 03:56 AM
3173 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Interval Timer Shooting"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

You didn't say which camera you have, but with a D300, you have to set the interval, number of intervals, and number of shots per interval. Your test of 5 minutes and three pictures wasn't complete. If you want pictures taken every 5 minutes for 20 minutes, you have to enter 5 minutes for the interval, 5 for the number of intervals (shots at 0, 5, 10, 15, and 20 minutes), and the number of shots per interval (3 in your test).

The exposure time can't be longer than the interval or it won't work correctly.

By the way, your first example, 2 shots every second for two hours, would result in 14,400 pictures. Is that what you're looking for?!

Alan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

dukecl Registered since 12th Jul 2011Thu 28-Jul-11 06:15 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Interval Timer Shooting"
In response to Reply # 1
Thu 28-Jul-11 06:21 PM by dukecl

CL

>You didn't say which camera you have, but with a D300, you
>have to set the interval, number of intervals, and number of
>shots per interval. Your test of 5 minutes and three pictures
>wasn't complete. If you want pictures taken every 5 minutes
>for 20 minutes, you have to enter 5 minutes for the interval,
>5 for the number of intervals (shots at 0, 5, 10, 15, and 20
>minutes), and the number of shots per interval (3 in your
>test).
>
>The exposure time can't be longer than the interval or it
>won't work correctly.
>
>By the way, your first example, 2 shots every second for two
>hours, would result in 14,400 pictures. Is that what you're
>looking for?!

Excuse me, my camera is the Nikon D5100.
Then, I need to calculate. For example I Want a video of 5 minutes for a session of 2 hours, but I don't know how to make the calculation.
Thanks for your help.

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Thu 28-Jul-11 06:39 PM
3173 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Interval Timer Shooting"
In response to Reply # 2
Thu 28-Jul-11 06:45 PM by aolander

Nevis, US

There are 12 five minute segments in an hour (60 minutes/hour divided by 5 minutes/interval gives you 12 intervals/hour) , so you need 24 intervals plus one at the beginning for a 2 hour session. Set the interval to 5 minutes, the number of intervals to 25, and the shots per interval to 3, or whatever number of shots you want at each interval.

Alan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

dukecl Registered since 12th Jul 2011Thu 28-Jul-11 09:22 PM
#4. "RE: Interval Timer Shooting"
In response to Reply # 3

CL

>There are 12 five minute segments in an hour (60 minutes/hour
>divided by 5 minutes/interval gives you 12 intervals/hour) ,
>so you need 24 intervals plus one at the beginning for a 2
>hour session. Set the interval to 5 minutes, the number of
>intervals to 25, and the shots per interval to 3, or whatever
>number of shots you want at each interval.

Thanks Alan. I'm going to make a test.
First I have to see how work the set up in my camera (D5100)
Thanks again.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4097 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.