Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4032
View in linear mode

Subject: "Flash Yashica CS220 Auto with D5100" Previous topic | Next topic
dukecl Registered since 12th Jul 2011Tue 12-Jul-11 03:12 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Flash Yashica CS220 Auto with D5100"

CL

I have the flash Yashica CS220 Auto of my old analog camera but I need to know if Can I use it with my Nikon D5100? These flash it is a very good piece.
I have a fear of spoiling the camera. I would appreciate any comments.
Thanks.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Tue 12-Jul-11 08:31 AM
25901 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Flash Yashica CS220 Auto with D5100"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Mauricio,

There are a few factors to consider:
1. Warning!!!! If the sync voltage is too high the Yashika Speedlight could destroy the circuitry in the camera voiding the warranty. Make sure that the sync voltage of the Yashika CS220 Auto is well below the 250V maximum on a Nikon DSLR. Nikon Speedlights have a sync voltage of 6V or less. I would not connect a flash to one of my DSLR's that has a sync voltage higher than 6V. The Yashika CS220 Auto is not listed at Photo Strobe Trigger Voltages.
If the triggering voltage is safe, the CS 220 Auto should work on your D5100 with the camera set in Manual exposure mode, and the Speedlight in non-TTL Auto flash mode or Manual flash mode.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

dukecl Registered since 12th Jul 2011Tue 12-Jul-11 06:59 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Flash Yashica CS220 Auto with D5100"
In response to Reply # 1

CL

>Hi Mauricio,
>
>There are a few factors to consider:
>1. Warning!!!! If the sync voltage is too high the Yashika
>Speedlight could destroy the circuitry in the camera voiding
>the warranty. Make sure that the sync voltage of the Yashika
>CS220 Auto is well below the 250V maximum on a Nikon DSLR.
>Nikon Speedlights have a sync voltage of 6V or less. I would
>not connect a flash to one of my DSLR's that has a sync
>voltage higher than 6V. The Yashika CS220 Auto is not listed
>at Photo Strobe
>Trigger Voltages>.
>If the triggering voltage is safe, the CS 220 Auto should work
>on your D5100 with the camera set in Manual exposure mode, and
>the Speedlight in non-TTL Auto flash mode or Manual flash
>mode.
>Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Thank you Marty by your words.
I found this website and says that the voltage of the flash is 10.2V
Look (it's in german, use translate)
http://www.plainpix.com/zuendspannungs.php
This below 250V indicated in the manual Nikon.
I have not a voltage tester to test my flash
Thanks again.
Saludos, Mauricio.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #4032 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.