nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How to use the optional shutter release with bracketing??

Darklordenron

Springfield, US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Darklordenron Registered since 09th Jul 2011
Sat 09-Jul-11 12:18 AM

So I've been toying with some HDR type shots recently and discovered that I can't exactly use the shutter release with the multi-shot capability.

I'm in Manual mode and I've enabled bracketing at 2 full stops in either direction. ISO is at 100, everything else checks out fine. I don't want to touch the camera once it's setup for obvious reasons, but for some reason the remote won't work with the multi-shot option.

As I understand it, (which could be completely wrong) you need multishot enabled while you shoot bracketed photos because you must hold the shutter release down while you shoot. When you hold it down, it takes your pre-determined amount of pictures in the increments of your choosing.
So, my question is, am I correct that I can't use the shutter release with bracketing or am I doing something wrong? The manual isn't very helpful on weird tech issues like this.. Perhaps I need to be in Aperture priority?

Thanks!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How to use the optional shutter release with bracke...

G