nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Got my D5100,my thoughts and pics to follow...;

Larry E30

US
2742 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Thu 16-Jun-11 12:27 AM | edited Thu 16-Jun-11 06:16 AM by Larry E30

Hi all - got my D5100 yesterday - in the evening(3PM +we were waiting to go to the coast).

...so we are at the coast now - though I shot about 20 shots yesterday at home.

Also , I did a dead pixal test;Even exposure to minus 1.3 stops
and ... a dirty sensor test;even exposure to plus 1.3 stops.

First impression is good.That being size of it, the 270 degree strong swivel and basically-the produced image.

I got frustrated working ALL THE WAY through the auto ISO.I been useing it somewhat on other cameras.You work through it - see you dance!
o-well.

I predicted (I think way back in Nikonian threads) - one of the things all cameras in the future would have is color-select.!
LIKE IT.

I'm quite impressed with the image quality,sometimes color could be a little better - guess it's something to do with WB.

I do all my photos for shows and Nikonian/etc. at home on my PC - so no pics for like 5 days or so.

So,I'm keeping it/happy with it.

Mostly I'm useing "A",w ; SD,fine,D lighting off,NR off,and -1/3 to -2/3.(-0.3,-0.7).

So far , only about 100 shots so far.Hope the wheather holds good.

I'm feeling good about photography...

Happy day/Larry

Edit - I will say,I am quite sure - the D5100 is a noticeable improvement,esspecially the IQ,somewhat on color,side swivel-instead of bottom...

...and so it shood be!

More to follow.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Got my D5100,my thoughts and pics to follow...; RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit.
17th Jun 2011
Reply message RE: Got my D5100,my thoughts and pics to follow...; Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
21st Jun 2011
     Reply message RE: Got my D5100,my thoughts and pics to follow...; RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit.
21st Jun 2011
          Reply message RE: Got my D5100,my thoughts and pics to follow...; Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
21st Jun 2011
               Reply message RE: Got my D5100,my thoughts and pics to follow...; ceh5100
21st Jun 2011
21st Jun 2011
Reply message HELP new 5100 ZenNonna1
26th Jun 2011
Reply message RE: HELP new 5100 RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit.
26th Jun 2011
     Reply message RE: HELP new 5100 ZenNonna1
26th Jun 2011
          Reply message RE: HELP new 5100 RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit.
26th Jun 2011
               Reply message RE: HELP new 5100 briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th Jun 2011
                    Reply message RE: HELP new 5100 ZenNonna1
27th Jun 2011
27th Jun 2011
                         Reply message RE: HELP new 5100 briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th Jun 2011

G