Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #380
View in linear mode

Subject: "Are these lens compatible with the Nikon D5000?" Previous topic | Next topic
thebeach Registered since 22nd Jul 2009Thu 23-Jul-09 12:16 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Are these lens compatible with the Nikon D5000?"

US

Hello,

I am new to photography and just wanted to know if these lens(Please click on links below) are compatible with the Nikon D5000. The lens are quite old from a Nikon MF-26 film camera. The lens was hardly used and still looks pretty new despite the box being creased. I tried the lenses on my D5000 the other day and everything looked fine but still wanted to know what are the pro's or con's of using these lens from a film camera. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad338/codeofsilence00/DSC_0030.jpg

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad338/codeofsilence00/DSC_0035.jpg

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002Thu 23-Jul-09 03:37 AM
9515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Are these lens compatible with the Nikon D5000?"
In response to Reply # 0

Boston Area, US

This lens is compatible with the D5000 but will not provide autofocus operation. Manual focus with "green dot" confirmation only.

If you want to photograph a man spinning, give some thought to why he spins. Understanding for a photographer is as important as the equipment he uses. - Margaret Bourke-White

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #380 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.