nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dhmiller

US
814 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dhmiller Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 19th May 2009
Mon 30-May-11 03:13 PM

I got my wife a slightly used 3100 recently and we are getting repeated false errors stating that the card is corrupted and cannot be accessed nor formatted, this with several different SD cards. Sometimes the camera reports the error after only a few shots, and sometimes after many dozens. When I put the SD card into a reader and access it from my Mac, all the images are there. I can then format it on the Mac and reformat it on the 3100 and all is well. It is definitely not a card problem, given that this has occurred with at least four different cards from at least 3 different manufacturers.
As a side note, I have gotten the same problem on my 7000 but much less regularly.
t would cost me a bundle to have NIkon look at the camera as I don;t own the sales receipt nor the warranty (they were lost, apparently) so I can;t even send it back to the seller to have him send it in.
Anyone seeing this type of issue or have any suggestions.
Thanks much.
Dennis

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G