Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D5100 Custom Firmware? (manual exposure/ISO video mode)

baltimorecaesar

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
baltimorecaesar Registered since 20th May 2011
Fri 20-May-11 04:45 PM

I'm getting back into photography and I'm in the market for my first D-SLR. I have an old 35mm Canon and a Nikon, both broke a long time ago The D5100 is one of my top 3 choices for a camera, and it will be one I will use often for videos as well. I know that the 51k cannot shoot video in full manual mode (auto adjusts ISO), but I have head rumors that you can run custom firmware that will alleviate this issue, much the same way you can put custom ROMs on cell phones. Is there any truth to this, and if so where can I get more info on the process? Thanks in advance.

-Caesar

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D5100 Custom Firmware? (manual exposure/ISO video ...

G