Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #3647
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anyone Using A Geo Tagger Here?" Previous topic | Next topic
DavidGreen36 Registered since 14th May 2011Sat 14-May-11 09:18 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Anyone Using A Geo Tagger Here?"

US

Hi,
I am looking for a geo tagger. My budget is around $150. Anyone can suggest me some nice geo tagger within this budget? I need something which has good features and can fit in my budget. I checked up Nikon's geo tagger. But it seems to too expensive, around $250, way out of my budget.
Thanks in Advance.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Anyone Using A Geo Tagger Here?
whitenhiemer
18th May 2011
justindd
03rd Jun 2011
wellsiem
15th Jun 2011
RRRoger Silver Member
26th Jun 2011
Stonecherub Silver Member
27th Jun 2011
wellsiem
30th Jun 2011
dallasbull
08th Sep 2011
Jeffrey Brooks
27th Sep 2011
gotop
29th Nov 2011

whitenhiemer Registered since 04th May 2011Wed 18-May-11 03:37 PM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Anyone Using A Geo Tagger Here?"
In response to Reply # 0

San Antonio, US

+1

I'm also very interested in a geo-tagger that is budget friendly.

justindd Registered since 09th May 2011Fri 03-Jun-11 08:26 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Anyone Using A Geo Tagger Here?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Have you guys heard of easytagger?

http://e-geotag.com/
http://www.easytagger.ca/home/

wellsiem Registered since 02nd Jun 2011Wed 15-Jun-11 03:57 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Anyone Using A Geo Tagger Here?"
In response to Reply # 2

HK

There are many products can meet your needs within $150. Easytagger is $120 with built-in compass, data logger and its own battery. I read a lot good user comments.

And if you do not want such many features, Phoenix gps, Dawntech's are all in your price range.

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSun 26-Jun-11 02:24 PM
3176 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Anyone Using A Geo Tagger Here?"
In response to Reply # 3
Mon 27-Jun-11 12:40 PM by RRRoger

Monterey Bay, US

There are lots of threads on this subject.

I've gotten good results with my Phottix GPS.
It comes with a wired remote.
I can plug my YongNuo ML-3A wireless remote into that port and trigger the camera shutter automatically when something interrupts the IRA beam.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Stonecherub Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2011Mon 27-Jun-11 11:07 AM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Anyone Using A Geo Tagger Here?"
In response to Reply # 0

Tucson, US

Almost anything will work. As a geologist, I live and die by my GPS.

The least expensive GPS units have a battery, receiver, antenna, and memory. Usually sold as "spouse-tracking" devices, they cost between 100 and 150 USD. I have a Qstarz travel recorder that I turn on when I start in the morning and download when I return. Software supplied lets me export my track as a *.gpx file and clear the unit memory for tomorrow. That software will also tag my jpg files but not raw or dng.

In my workflow, I use "GeoSetter" (open source) to match image times to the gpx track and write geotags to my dng files.

I also have a Garmin 60 CSX that is 5 times larger and heavier. It saves gpx tracks and provides me real-time navigation information on a screen. I am working in young basalt lava and use the saved track to find my way back across the flows coming home.

It is so cool to be able to photograph an outcrop, collect a sample, and have its location in my pocket.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

wellsiem Registered since 02nd Jun 2011Thu 30-Jun-11 04:19 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Anyone Using A Geo Tagger Here?"
In response to Reply # 5

HK

I just read this from here http://www.pixiq.com/article/geotag-your-nikon-photos-with-affordable-gps

That may help with your decision.

dallasbull Registered since 25th Aug 2011Thu 08-Sep-11 05:48 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Anyone Using A Geo Tagger Here?"
In response to Reply # 6

HK

Anyone has the experience with this Easytagger gps?

I wanna try with their 49 dollor gps and wish to get some feedback.

Jeffrey Brooks Registered since 27th Sep 2011Tue 27-Sep-11 08:27 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Anyone Using A Geo Tagger Here?"
In response to Reply # 7

Prescott, US

I purchased a nGPS, which is small, light, and runs off my camera battery, but does not run its battery down. And, it is fast. So, I am very happy with the nGPS geotagger on my D5100

gotop Registered since 17th Oct 2011Tue 29-Nov-11 07:13 AM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Anyone Using A Geo Tagger Here?"
In response to Reply # 8

CN

I got this Easytagger Basic.
Cons: Simple plain package, a main device, a belt, a piece of using instruction. That is all.
No self battery, consume the power of the camera.
No compass.
No passthrough for remote.
Pro: Easy to use
quick aquisition with satellites and very accurate.
camera flash can fully pop up

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #3647 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.