Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #3607
View in linear mode

Subject: "card full at 60 pictures" Previous topic | Next topic
musical Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2010Mon 02-May-11 11:20 PM
1047 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"card full at 60 pictures"

north-central, US

On behalf of a friend. He has a d5000. He calls the memory card a stick and tells me, casually, today, that his stick or card gives a warning and fills up at around 60 pictures. He claims that this is not right and I myself couldn't imagine why. Maybe this sounds like something recognizable? I just do not have his model camera. Thanks if this rings a bell, so to speak.
I simply tell him is some has an idea.
jw

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Tue 03-May-11 12:41 AM
3709 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: card full at 60 pictures"
In response to Reply # 0

Farmington Hills, US

First questions to ask: What size is the card and what shooting mode is he using? With RAW + JPEG Fine Large and a small card maybe this could happen. Also if he is saving TIFF files this could happen.

Next: Is there anything else that he might have written to the card from his computer? These files would not show in the camera.

Finally: Have him do a format in camera and then look at the remaining exposure estimate on the top display. This number is almost always very conservative.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

musical Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2010Tue 03-May-11 12:57 AM
1047 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: card full at 60 pictures"
In response to Reply # 1

north-central, US

ok. i forgot about tiff files.
i'll go with this and see for myself if i can help out.
thank you very much.
jw

"Close Your Eyes and See With Your Heart." a quote by Canadian writer Kerri MacDonald.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #3607 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.