Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #3559
View in linear mode

Subject: "D5100" Previous topic | Next topic
arrowmom Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Feb 2002Thu 21-Apr-11 02:24 AM
245 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D5100"

Ames, US

Well, for what it's worth, my 5100 is on it's way and should be here by Friday! It's really a replacement camera for my son, his D50 is going out. What pushed us to get this camera was the flip screen that hinged on the side. We used to have a point and shoot cannon that flipped out like that and really liked it for video. My daughter who is in grad school will also use the camera in the field to record frog mating calls and take still shots. She is excited for the directional mic and articulating screen as she has takes pictures of the frogs from some odd angles! I think it will be a good compliment to my D300 when I just want to travel light. Now to test it out!!

Kim

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 21-Apr-11 04:22 AM
25649 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D5100"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Kim,

Congratulations on your new Camera.
Let us know what you think.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

twowheels Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2007Sat 23-Apr-11 03:23 AM
95 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D5100"
In response to Reply # 0

La Habra, US

Please keep us posted! I have a few Canon point and shoots because of the flip/swivel screen (AND they use AA batteries).

I love that feature; much prefer swiveling the camera up at an angle from about 1.5 feet above the ground and being able to see what the heck your shooting than contorting ye ol' body (especially to shoot motorcycles coming out of the driveway from the HD dealer). Am hoping Nikon will do one with a higher frames/sec unit.

Anyway, would like to know how you like that feature on a larger camera. Thanks.

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSun 24-Apr-11 01:58 AM
3139 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D5100"
In response to Reply # 2

Monterey Bay, US

I just picked up one of the two my local camera store had in stock today.

So far I really like the size, weight, and the way the flip screen works.
It fits my hands a lot better than the D3100 and almost as well as the D7000.
But I am have problems searching the menus for controls so I can set up the camera.
I downloaded the manual and that helps a lot.
I will be shooting a video at the Sunrise Service tomorrow.
We will see how it compares to the D7000.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, ( file)

nikonhdslrfan Registered since 24th Apr 2011Sun 24-Apr-11 03:02 AM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D5100"
In response to Reply # 3

US

I just bought a D5100 today and love it and wonder if I can use this lense with the camera.

Nikon 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED IF Autofocus VR Nikkor Zoom Lens

I am interested in learning how NEW this lense is though before I purchase.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #3559 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.