Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #3490
View in linear mode

Subject: "Update the forum name?" Previous topic | Next topic
Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2007Tue 05-Apr-11 07:47 AM
1954 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Update the forum name?"


NL
          

Dearest moderators,

It looks like it's time to update the forum name ... a-GAIN.

— LaDonna

_________________________________
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Update the forum name?
Tony_Jeffree
05th Apr 2011
1
Reply message RE: Update the forum name?
Cookies35 Silver Member
08th Apr 2011
3
     Reply message RE: Update the forum name?
Tony_Jeffree
08th Apr 2011
4
          Reply message RE: Update the forum name?
Cookies35 Silver Member
08th Apr 2011
5
               Reply message RE: Update the forum name?
Tony_Jeffree
08th Apr 2011
6
                    Reply message RE: Update the forum name?
Cookies35 Silver Member
08th Apr 2011
7
Reply message RE: Update the forum name?
adcam Gold Member
07th Apr 2011
2

Tony_Jeffree Registered since 13th Oct 2004Tue 05-Apr-11 10:18 AM
2016 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Update the forum name?"
In response to Reply # 0


Manchester, GB
          

>Dearest moderators,
>
>It looks like it's time to update the forum name ... a-GAIN.
>
>
>— LaDonna

Yes...these Nikon guys are SUCH A PAIN - upsetting our nice established forum naming scheme. They should be more considerate

Regards,
Tony

My Nikonians Gallery

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

    
Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2007Fri 08-Apr-11 11:40 AM
1954 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Update the forum name?"
In response to Reply # 1


NL
          

>Dearest moderators,
>
>It looks like it's time to update the forum name ...
>a-GAIN.
>


Thank you moderators!




>Yes...these Nikon guys are SUCH A PAIN - upsetting our nice
>established forum naming scheme. They should be more
>considerate


I agree. As soon as they churn out the D700 replacement and the whole D4/xx series, I'll be sure to have a word with them. This can't go on like this, really.

— LaDonna

_________________________________
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

        
Tony_Jeffree Registered since 13th Oct 2004Fri 08-Apr-11 11:54 AM
2016 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Update the forum name?"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri 08-Apr-11 11:55 AM by Tony_Jeffree

Manchester, GB
          

>>Dearest moderators,
>>
>>It looks like it's time to update the forum name ...
>>a-GAIN.
>>

>
>Thank you moderators!
>
>
>
>
>>Yes...these Nikon guys are SUCH A PAIN - upsetting our
>nice
>>established forum naming scheme. They should be more
>>considerate

>
>I agree. As soon as they churn out the D700 replacement and
>the whole D4/xx series, I'll be sure to have a word with them.
>This can't go on like this, really.
>
>— LaDonna

There's an easy solution - choose forum names that are independent of the model numbers. There are really only 3 tiers these days, plus one for obsolete models, so perhaps something like:

- Pro spec bodies and NAS specials
- Wannabee pro spec bodies
- Wannabee wannabee pro spec bodies
- SOOO last year

Works for me

Regards,
Tony

My Nikonians Gallery

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

            
Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2007Fri 08-Apr-11 02:20 PM
1954 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Update the forum name?"
In response to Reply # 4


NL
          

>There's an easy solution - choose forum names that are
>independent of the model numbers. There are really only 3
>tiers these days, plus one for obsolete models, so perhaps
>something like:
>
>- Pro spec bodies and NAS specials
>- Wannabee pro spec bodies
>- Wannabee wannabee pro spec bodies
>- SOOO last year


You may be on to something! What about this for a second draft:

- Pro spec bodies and NAS specials
- Differently-abled pro spec bodies*
- Wannabee pro spec bodies
- Newbie bodies
- Newbie specials**
- SOOO last year
- Film

Whattaya think?

— LaDonna

*Who the *#&^#* ran off with the bottom of my camera?

**Newbie specs, newbie plastic, tulip on the mode dial, anything involving a number (MP, ISO, and especially the "zoom factor" on the included kit lens) as high as possible with current technology, regardless of the camera's IQ; even Nikon dealers gotta eat)

_________________________________
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

                
Tony_Jeffree Registered since 13th Oct 2004Fri 08-Apr-11 04:49 PM
2016 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Update the forum name?"
In response to Reply # 5


Manchester, GB
          

>>There's an easy solution
>- choose forum names that are
>>independent of the model numbers. There are really only 3
>>tiers these days, plus one for obsolete models, so
>perhaps
>>something like:
>>
>>- Pro spec bodies and NAS specials
>>- Wannabee pro spec bodies
>>- Wannabee wannabee pro spec bodies
>>- SOOO last year

>
>You may be on to something! What about this for a second
>draft:
>
>- Pro spec bodies and NAS specials
>- Differently-abled pro spec bodies*
>- Wannabee pro spec bodies
>- Newbie bodies
>- Newbie specials**
>- SOOO last year
>- Film
>
>Whattaya think?
>
>— LaDonna
>
>*Who the *#&^#* ran off with the bottom of my camera?
>
>**Newbie specs, newbie plastic, tulip on the mode dial,
>anything involving a number (MP, ISO, and especially
>the "zoom factor" on the included kit lens) as high
>as possible with current technology, regardless of the
>camera's IQ; even Nikon dealers gotta eat)

Close...I think "film" should probably be "SOOO last Millenium" though...and the "Newbie specials" sounds like Canon...

Regards,
Tony

My Nikonians Gallery

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

                    
Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2007Fri 08-Apr-11 05:07 PM
1954 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Update the forum name?"
In response to Reply # 6


NL
          

I'm glad you agree the newbie bodies should get their own forum.

I think "film" should probably be "SOOO
>last Millenium" though


Naaaah ... I think just "film" has a nice ring to it. We all know what it means.




>...and the "Newbie specials" sounds like Canon...


My point exactly, except that I wouldn't want to use That Name on a Nikonian forum.

Btw, have you noticed that nobody in the ads for the D5100 is actually looking through the viewfinder?

Like I said, even Nikon reps gotta eat.

— LaDonna

_________________________________
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing gives one a bloated sense of self

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Thu 07-Apr-11 01:38 AM
585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Update the forum name?"
In response to Reply # 0


Portland, US
          

The D5100 looks promising. It has the same sensor as the D7000.

  

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #3490 Previous topic | Next topic


Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.