nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #3359
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help! I want a new lens!" Previous topic | Next topic
mommy24qts   US  Registered since 09th Mar 2011 Wed 09-Mar-11 08:34 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Help! I want a new lens!"

I'm new to the DSLR world and photography, but, am learning enough to want a prime lens. I am just wondering if the 50mm Nikkor AF-S 1.4 lens is compatible with my D3000? From what I have learned and/or read, it is compatible, but, I need some reassurance. Also, are there any other prime lenses that are comparable for a lesser price??? please help! thanks!!!

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot   East Frisia, DE  Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004 Wed 09-Mar-11 09:04 PM
53204 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Help! I want a new lens!"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome to Nikonians, Gabriella

Thanks for joining us.

Yes, you need AF-S lenses, means the lens is fully compatible.

Here is a list of compatible lenses, also it is not up to date.
Sorry for that.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=312&topic_id=37&mesg_id=37&page=

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

mommy24qts   US  Registered since 09th Mar 2011 Wed 09-Mar-11 09:20 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Help! I want a new lens!"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you very much! that helps a ton! Is there a prime lens you would possibly suggest that's comparable to the 50mm lens???

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas   US  Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007 Thu 10-Mar-11 01:26 AM
27425 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Help! I want a new lens!"
In response to Reply # 2

Hi Gabriella,

The Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM is priced slightly higher than the Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G AF-S and the Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX is about 2/3rds the price of the 50mm.
Assuming that you have one of the kit zooms. Set the zoom ring at 35mm and shoot. Then set the zoom ring to 50mm and shoot. Which focal length works better for your requirments.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

dkfyu   CA  Registered since 31st Jan 2011 Wed 09-Mar-11 10:29 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Help! I want a new lens!"
In response to Reply # 0

Grab the 35mm f/1.8. It's relatively inexpensive and with the DX crop factor, it gives the equivalent to a 52mm lens on an FX sensor.

As stated, as long as the lens has "AF-S", then it'll work fine.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #3359 Previous topic | Next topic