Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #3239
View in linear mode

Subject: "Settings for D3100" Previous topic | Next topic
Chuckv Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2009Sun 06-Feb-11 07:58 PM
118 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Settings for D3100"

Lafayette, US

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

I bought my daughter a D3100, and was wondering if anyone had a setup guide that she could download?

Thanks,

Chuck

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Settings for D3100
twistedxknights
08th Feb 2011
dsgcobra
10th Feb 2011
jpFoto
09th Feb 2011
ragin
09th Feb 2011
MEMcD Moderator
09th Feb 2011

twistedxknights Registered since 03rd Feb 2011Tue 08-Feb-11 09:57 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Settings for D3100"
In response to Reply # 0

Makakilo, US

I too have a D3100 and was wondering the same things... I managed to find a book that would help me learn the camera.. while i have not fully finished reading it yet (taking my sweet time) it has been helpful in guiding me along... while its not the cheapest book you could get a package deal of a hard copy of the book and a digital down load.

(please note I have no connection to the publisher or the author)
http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321754549

dsgcobra Registered since 04th Feb 2011Thu 10-Feb-11 06:16 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Settings for D3100"
In response to Reply # 1

US

>I too have a D3100 and was wondering the same things... I
>managed to find a book that would help me learn the camera..
>while i have not fully finished reading it yet (taking my
>sweet time) it has been helpful in guiding me along... while
>its not the cheapest book you could get a package deal of a
>hard copy of the book and a digital down load.
>
>(please note I have no connection to the publisher or the
>author)
>http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321754549
>
>
I just finished reading this book and now going through it with camera in hand. It really is helping me get the most out of it

jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010Wed 09-Feb-11 01:25 AM
1114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Settings for D3100"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 09-Feb-11 12:29 PM by jpFoto

US

I don't understand what you are looking for.

Your profile shows that you own a D700, and we all know that there are banks for custom settings, but as you can see there are none for the D3100.

I can provide the settings for my "Shooting menu," but there is really nothing there that you probably don't already know about.

I would be happy to help, just let me know.

jP

ragin Registered since 02nd Feb 2011Wed 09-Feb-11 03:29 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Settings for D3100"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed 09-Feb-11 03:31 PM by ragin

IN

I bought a D3100 a week back & it has a lot of settings that can be made. If you wear spectacles, & have a number, D3100 can adjust to that too. Now if you are seriously opthalmacally challenged, they even offer you certain eye-piece addons. & regarding manual focus, there are a lots of additions in the software to help you out.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 09-Feb-11 04:13 PM
25986 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Settings for D3100"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Chuck,

I have not found a set up guide but here is a link to the D3100 Users Manual which should have all of the information that a set up guide has and a lot more.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #3239 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.