Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #3221
View in linear mode

Subject: "From D5000 to D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
DreStapha Registered since 04th Feb 2011Fri 04-Feb-11 08:18 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"From D5000 to D7000"

US

I bought a D5000 last year June and was just interested in taking some nice candids of friends, family and other stuff. I started getting into the swing of things and dived into everything photography. Now I've been doing a couple sweet sixteens and I found my D5000 adequate for those jobs. Now I'm booked for 2 weddings in the coming months. So far I'm set on upgrading to the D7000 to take on those bigger jobs but whats your opinion; what would be the next logical upgrade if not to the D7000?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 05-Feb-11 02:30 AM
25558 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: From D5000 to D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Andre,

Welcome to Nikonians!
The D7000 is an excellent choice for an upgrade.
Since you plan on shooting weddings as a Pro, keep in mind that you should have at least one back-up for every key piece of equipment including camera bodies, lenses, speedlights, memory cards, etc....
If something fails, you must be ready to pick up your back-up body and continue shooting without missing a beat.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

DreStapha Registered since 04th Feb 2011Sun 06-Feb-11 12:31 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: From D5000 to D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Yup, I'll still carry my D5000 with me to cover the worst case scenarios. As soon as the money starts to come in full swing, I'll upgrade to the D3s and use the D7000 for a back up.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #3221 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.